No announcement yet.

Dewalt Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my Dewalt for 8 years now. When it was new, I could get the right tension around 3 to 3.5 Using it yesterday I had to go to a 5. As soon as I finish with my ongoing projects, DH will be taking the saw apart to see if we can't get the tension adjusted.
    Point being - each saw is different, and one can change over the use.
    Theresa
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Well all of those 4.5s and 5s make me feel much better. I still will double check to see if roughing up the clamps a little more helps. And I will also try pushing the arm slightly left. Forester, if you come up with any good tricks, please be sure to let us (me) know.

Hopefully I will get to sit down now and start using it again. I got off track building my brother a book case.

Thanks again everyone, for being so helpful.

Comment

One thing that was mentioned to me when you ar getting blade slippage is the fact that with scroll sawing we get really fine dust that will almost wotk like ballbearings in the blade clamps. We have also heard that some of the blades come with a little oil on them to prevent them from rusting after they have been cut. I always after a few uses of my dewalt take the air compressor with the high power nozzle and shoot out the blade clamps to try and eliminate any dust that has build up on the actual thumb screw and the set screw. Seems to work. Hope this helps.

Jesse
        http://www.scrollsawwoodart.com

Comment

Ok, I have the very same saw, never an issue with the adjustment/tension of the blade. I've read all the post(s) and have to add one more tid bit here. Nothing is referenced back too if you have the Jim Dandy hold up bar attached to your saw, I do and from time to time I have to give the upper arm of the saw during a blade change that extra little nudge to push it into place or I'd have the same issue(s) that you're speaking of, just a thought.

cutting up one piece at a time

Comment

As a last resort

if you regularly clean the manufacturing oil from your blades and have exhausted all other reasons for blade slippage then look on the left of the blade clamp for the small Alan screw there. The end of the Alan screw should extend just a hair beyond the inside face of the clamp jaw because that is what the clamp screw pins the end of the blade against. If it doesn't stick out far enough the clamp screw will try to pin the blade against the clamp face and that is too soft to hold. Use an Alan wrench and screw the Alan screw just far enough to clear the face of the clamp. That should solve your problem.

Comment

just thought i'd chime in. im usually at 5 also.

Comment

Hoover makes a good point. I always ensure the arms are positioned at the bottom of the "down stroke" before clamping and tensioning the blade. I seldom have to go past 3 on my tension setting.
                If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                  by will8989
                  Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
                  Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  by Jim McDonald
                  My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                  Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                • Redlee
                  Hello all, new here.
                  by Redlee
                  New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                  I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                  Thanks
                  Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                • Ralph123
                  Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                  by Ralph123
                  I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                  Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                • meflick
                  by meflick
                  Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                  Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                Working...
                X