Having Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Fun

Hi everyone I used my new scroll saw to day. I removed the hold down a lot easyer to cut. I cut a little more than half the alphabet. and did a few other cuts. I noticed the blade on a straight it wants to cut to the right so I just set the material a little over that took care of that. The only thing I think the saw needs is a light, I will see if I can pick one up.Does anyone know if this is a good deal on blades on this page thinking about ordering some. Well any way I am having fun with this saw just wish I found out about Scrolling years ago..

http://www.mikesworkshop.com/newprod.htm

Lou
    Lou

Craftsman 18 in.Variable Speed Scroll Saw-21609

Mike has great deals on blades and the FD blades are great.
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Yes, give his sample pack a try. I read your earlier post and wondered if you got a chance to make dust!Sure is fun huh??? Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hey, Lou. Glad to hear your having fun. It gets better. That's the beauty of scrolling. By the way, I got one of those LED lights with a strap to wear like a head band. Not much good in daylight but sure is nice when cutting at night.
        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDingas
          Hey, Lou. Glad to hear your having fun. It gets better. That's the beauty of scrolling. By the way, I got one of those LED lights with a strap to wear like a head band. Not much good in daylight but sure is nice when cutting at night.
          hey Mike gotta agree with ya there wife got me one for Christmas and it really works quite well and you hardly know its there its so light weight
          Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDingas
            Good ideal I may give that a try.

Comment

Yeah, you'll like it. I got the assessory pack for mine. Comes with a replacement headband that has a beer holder on one side and a cigar clip on the other.
              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Mike that Led light is just up my alley since I smoke cigars the clip would be nice is that a Mod Mike

Lou
                Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
                  Mike has great deals on blades and the FD blades are great.
                  Diane
                  Thanks for the recommendation on Mike I ordered thursday afternoon I received my order this morning Great fast service. I will be doing business with Mike again.
                  Lou
                  Lou

Comment

You're welcome Lou
                    I know that Mike is great and fast. He is wonderful. He has helped me on the phone also.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

A word to the wise about the holddown bar. DON'T store it on your saw under the arm that makes the blade go up and down. Know what happens when the two collide? I broke a piece the arm and had to go to Newark DE to get it to fix it. And of course, it was right before a big show I did that!!
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Still having fun ,I had to stop for a few days since it got very cold over here and my work shop is not heated it got up to 30 in my shop for a high last wednesday about 19 low over night outside. In California thats cold. I am having a few problems trying to make a very tight turn my blade keeps drifting off. any suggestions? Other than that everything is going good I bought a new work station for my saw much better than the work bench.

Lou
                        Lou

Comment

Lou, make sure the tension on your blade is tight, you want to hear a "twang" sound when you pluck the blade like a guitar string. I will assume you are right handed. I place my left hand fingers close to the blade holding the wood down and use my index finger as a pivot point turning the wood with my right hand. Keep pushing the wood into the teeth, don't push side ways on the blade. If you wander off the line don't try to come back to the line too fast, you will most likely overshoot the line and go off on the other side. Just come back to the line gradually. The more you use the saw the better you will get. Hope this helps.
                          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Mick,
                            Thanks for the tip, yes I am right handed. I will try that out my blade may not be tight enought.
                            Lou
                            Lou

Comment

Lou, some blades are stamped our while others are cut and ground. Stamped blades in particlar tend to drift to one side. If tightening your tension does not help try standing or sitting slightly to the right of center. A friend showed me that when I was first starting out and it helped me.
                              Scott
                              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X