New sander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sander

I bought a Rigid EB 4424 oscillating spindle sander today. It has all the spindles and also a 4" by 24" belt sander. I played with it a little and it's very quiet. I will give a better review after I give it a work out.

I removed your image and uploaded a fresh one to make it easier and faster for our members on dial up. Hope you do not mind.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-26-2013, 10:54 AM.
    Rusty

You will love it!
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Wow! Nice,,, Looks like the table will tilt so you can sand bevels. Mine is a shop fox and I love it. It doesn't tilt, but that is ok. It works well for me any how. Have a great day. Fay
      Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

That rascal is right up on top of my 2014 tool list! I hear its fantastic.

Congrats on the spiffy Sander!
        Walter
        Pinelog Creek, FL
        DW788 Owner since 2013

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
        And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Comment

You will love it, I have had mine about a year.
          Dan

My Gallery

Comment

I have had one for years and love it.

Make sure you do all the necessary stuff to register the warranty. Mine had a life time warranty and when I moved the movers jammed the top levers some how. I took it into be repaired and admitted what went on and since they did not have parts for the old model they gave me a new model.

Fantastic service.

I know the new model has more restriction on registering.
            Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I've had mine for about 5 years now. so it's more than likely the "older model"......i would NOT call it "Quiet".....kind of a rumbling noise........normal i guess....a little bit of chatter on the rear when useing as a belt sander, but nothing that seems to cause a problem... i use top line belts. And the spindles seen to last a decent amount of time regaurdles of brand.....(just don't push it too hard.)........i think the reason for the longevity of the grit is he fact that it oscilates, thereby useing almost all of the grit surface.......the only brand i WILL NOT USE is Harbor freight parts...seems like the grit on their products is not too uniform ,and causes roughness on the finished areas. (just my opinion )
              at the time i bought mine the going price was just a tad under 200 bucks....i registered mine as was the requirement for the warranty but never recieved an acknowlegment...?...i DID have a problem with the little plastic adjustment at the back of the belt area, (a weak spot ) after contacting them i was sent 2 of the plastic pieces.....so i'm assuming that my warranty WAS/IS in effect.....Seems like its always in use for any woodworking item i make and has held up well for the time i've had it.....would buy it again.

Comment

I bought this sander last weekend. So far I have used it to fit some pieces together on an intarsia I am working on and on 1/4" plywood to smooth some uneven edges. It made the intarsia easy and quick to fit together. It also did a great job on the 1/4" plywood. It is fairly quiet and I can see where this tool will get a lot of use. The $199 price at Home Depot seems like a good price. The paperwork that comes with the sander says it has a lifetime warranty on everything including the motor. Seems like a quality tool at a good price
                Rusty

Comment

Now that one will be on my list.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I've had mine since they were fairly new on the market at least 8-9 years i think and love it.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Here is a tip...How to post a picture to the forum:
                      I've had several folks tell me they copy and paste this tip into word so they can print it out and keep it by their computer for later reference.

1st open another browser window (or print out these instructions) and open this thread in it so you can read and follow this guideline..

Here is the preferred way to post photos. This method will apply a thumbnail so that messages load faster, keeping those who are still on dial up in mind.

If it is a new thread scroll down below the message box to additional options and look for manage attachments,Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
                      Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
                      If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.

If you are uploading a picture to an existing thread (conversation)
                      Click on the Go Advanced button under the reply box, Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
                      Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
                      If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.
                      Good luck

To re-size your pics if needed there is an awesome freebie out there called irfanview. Easy and free. I've used it for years. irfanview
                      Here is there tutorial it really is easy...
                      Irfanview Tutorial
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike thanks for fixing the image for me. I saved your last post so I can refer to it next time I post a picture.
                        Rusty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X