Rapid Resizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Resizer

I keep reading about this program. Do many of you use it? Is it worth the price? $30US
    Should I invest in it?
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

It depends on what sizes of patterns you want to make. I have used the trial version of it and liked the way it worked. I will probably purchase it in the future when I have another need for it. So you may want to try the trial version to check it out and make up your own mind if it will work the way you want it to.
    Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
    and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

I have it on my computer and I don't know how to use it.
      I guess I should set down and figure it out.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I don't see a need for it. If all it does it resize the picture for printing, why spend the money? Maybe it depends on what graphics program you use. With Adobe photoshop Elements and also PSP, you can resize it during the print preview. Maybe there is more to Rapid Resizer that I don't know about.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Rapidresizer works just great. Here are a couple of Dog Poker cuttings shown before I framed them . I resized the pattern to 16 x 20 with it and it printed it out in 4 pages and the edges of the pages/pattern fit together perfectly. .
          It is well worth the money for anyone that is cutting many large portraits .
          W.Y.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I use it and love it.

Not only can you resize the pattern, but you can color fill frets and/or print pattern lines in different colors.

I only use it to resize and print patterns to fit the wood I have "in hand" and also use it as a quick and easy photograph "cropper". It is the easiest and simplest to use program around (that I have found).
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I agree with Mike. Most graphics software will resize patterns quite nicely. I've got Rapid Resizer but I think I've only used it a couple of times - I find PSP will both produce the graphics and resize them.

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Gill,

I use PSP and resize all the time but does it give you the capability to automatically print a large pattern on multiple sheets.
                Currently I cut and paste the parts of a large pattern together.
                I guess you would have to do that with the resizer also.
                So I don't see the advantage.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
                  I use PSP and resize all the time but does it give you the capability to automatically print a large pattern on multiple sheets.
                  I have not figured out how to do this with PSP.

My crude workaround is to size the photo in PSP, then to print it in MS Excel!

Pete

Comment

Pete,
                    My version of PSP has a choice when printing called (Print Layout).
                    when you put the picture or pattern in the layout it askes if you want to resize to fit the paper. Say no, then move the image around and print the different parts on seperate sheets. Then do your cut and paste.
                    I hope that is sort of clear.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
                      Pete,
                      My version of PSP has a choice when printing called (Print Layout).
                      when you put the picture or pattern in the layout it askes if you want to resize to fit the paper. Say no, then move the image around and print the different parts on seperate sheets. Then do your cut and paste.
                      I hope that is sort of clear.
                      I have an older version (7) that does not have Print Layout, so that explains it.

If you have Excel, you might want to try using it for printing patterns. It goes across and down in an orderly way with a bit of overlap for matching things up. Good enough, esp. as I own it already.

Pete

Edit: I printed a photo from Excel today and it let me down by decreasing the width and making it somewhat longer. Never noticed any distortion before, but this was a precision fit. So, I'm getting a copy of Rapid Resizer as soon as I post this!
                      Last edited by PeteB; 12-27-2006, 06:51 PM. Reason: Incorrect information

Comment

You can also print in poster format and the pattern will be printed across several pages. I've only done this a couple of times so I'm not terribly familiar with the process of setting it up, but it can certainly be done. Time for me to have a play, methinks .

I like the idea of using Excel; good thinking .

Gill
                        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I've never been able to get the right size the first time. I waste a lot of paper. They have either percentage or ratio. I don't know which one will give me exactly the size I want so I just keep printing and changing the size until I get what I want. Long and tedious.
                          Will download the trial version of the program
                          What is PSP? Paint shop pro OR Print shop pro?
                          If I have to buy this program then I will look into both for pricing and what it will give me.
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane, if you Ebay, here is the one you want. http://cgi.ebay.com/COREL-PAINT-SHOP...QQcmdZViewItem
                            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I love rapid resizer. I use it for printing large patterns all the time. Another option that I didn't see mentioned was MS Publisher. Select poster, and you can type in both the height, width and overlap you want on the pages. I recently discovered this by accident when working on my catalogue. Seems to work very well and I think this program is included with many bundles.
                              Kevin
                              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X