X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon
    replied
    Bob
    Picked up the new saw yesterday and this one has a "T" handle key for the blades. It is the same model basically as the old one but feels different. Swamped with work right now but as soon as I have free time next week I'm on that saw.

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Don't know about USA or any other country but in Canada the Delta P-20 comes completely assembled and the stand pieces which require assembly are all contained in the one shipping box. It is not available as saw alone.
    I had a strong wood stand when I bought my Delta P-20 and I asked if I could get a better price without the stand and they said they won't split them up.
    Turned out I was glad once I saw how heavy guage the steel was in the new stand along with a bottom shelf and the back leg is adjustable for tilting it forward. So my heavy 16 speed drill press went on my old scroll saw stand.

However, I believe the 16" Delta saws are available as saw alone.

W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• PeteB
    replied
    Great choice! It should serve you well.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Looks a lot like the Delta SS350 I started on a couple years ago...but I could be wrong.

CONGRATS on the new toyl and having such a great wife!

Leave a comment:

• stevebuk
    replied
    hi peter
    it looks a great saw, a bit too much for my budget though. While i was at work today, my wife ordered me this saw :http://www.diytools.co.uk/Product.aspx/!TB_DEL40570

decided to take advice given from this forum and bought a slightly more expensive one, hope i will be able to tell the difference.
    steveb

Leave a comment:

• Peter
    replied
    Dremel

Here's a scan of the Dremel blurb if anyone is interested:

Leave a comment:

• stevebuk
    replied
    hi frank
    thank you for a very welcome offer, i live even closer than nottm to you, i have friends who live in Southwell, and i would love to take up the offer, please PM me and we can make arrangements.

edit: PMsent
    steveb
    Last edited by stevebuk; 01-01-2007, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• uk scroller
    replied
    Hi Steve,
    If it is of any help to you , i am in southwell (not far away from you )
    i have a delta variable speed saw , and you are welcome to try it out if you like to come over ,verry little vibration, i dont fix mine down , it's to heavy to move around much.

-------------Frank--------------

Leave a comment:

• Green Frog
    replied
    delt saw ?

have the P-20 and it had a stand with it but think it was extra seems like around 50.00 has wheels and is nice to move around the shop Jerry

Leave a comment:

• stevebuk
    replied
    hi peter
    i have looked around their site and i cant see a stand with it. Someone may sell one though, although i intend to bolt mine down, i will put down rubber first, then bolt it over the top. I do not like the scrollsaw as a tool, i am rather scared of it, and have no confidence at all. I use my bandsaw ok, router and all other tools, but having tried the scrollsaw a few years back, i just couldn't master it, mind you, it was a cheap naffy one.
    let me know waht you choose.
    steveb

Leave a comment:

• Peter
    replied
    HI Steve,

do you know if the Delta saw comes with a stand? I hear that this help reduce vibration. I'm in the same boat as you and can't decide between the Hegner 16", Delta 16" and the Dremel Scroll Station,

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    You may well be right, Chris. Definitely steer clear of the older model - I also saw that demonstrated and it wasn't pretty !

Gill

Leave a comment:

• chrispuzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill
    That saw was demonstrated at an exhibition a couple of years ago and it was impressive for the price. It's on special offer here.

Gill
    Gill -

I think your link is to the older model which got a very mixed reception? The 01357 is the old one and then they came back with the much more civilised 01373 which was reported as having very little vibration?

Chris
    Last edited by chrispuzzle; 12-28-2006, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by stevebuk
    has someone got an opinion on this one i am following :
    http://www.diytools.co.uk/Product.as.../72/1486!01373
    thank you
    That saw was demonstrated at an exhibition a couple of years ago and it was impressive for the price. It's on special offer here.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    You can use an old clothes peg on the allen key too.
    Slide it over the shorter shank and tape it in place. They are cheap enough that even if you break them you have a dozen or more left in the package

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X