Tracking sideways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking sideways

??? I am trying to make collapsable baskets, on which you tilt the table of the saw about 3 to 5 degrees. I have an old craftsman 13' scrollsaw that my husband got for $10 from a neighbor. I can cut puzzles and other things and stay on line perfectly, but trying to cut the basket on a straight line and gradual curve of an oval, I cannot stay on line for anything! It is almost as if you have to guide the wood crooked to make a straight line! Is this something I have to deal with in making anything with the table tilted, is it that my table is so small, or is it the saw itself? Can someone PLEASE help me? Thanks :'(

Re: Tracking sideways

I feel your pain - cutting with a tilted table is a different animal. In my experience, there's no substitute for practice. It will get easier over time, but going slow and staying on your toes is the best advice I can give you. Also, if the project permits, sometimes going clockwise instead of counter clockwise or visa versa helps.

Comment

Re: Tracking sideways

Thank you so much for your reply to my inquiry! I was afraid that may be the case, so I will just 'keep practicing'! Thanks alot!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X