Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal Moore
    replied
    Denatured alcohol works well for removing stuck patterns also. I have used plain old rubbing alcohol too. It evaporates quickly and doesn't raise the grain as much as mineral spirits. It does have the typical alcohol odor but it doesn't linger in the shop due to rapid evaporation.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied
    Gary, paint thinner is the same thing as mineral spirits, costs less and I believe smells less.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    The discussion about pattern application and removal comes up periodicaly.
    I have been using Clear Contact brand contact paper (since a Kathy Wise seminar at the FC open house) directly applied to the wood then I glue the pattern to that. When I am finished cutting I just peel the contact paper and the pattern off. NO STINKY SOLVENTS for me.

I used to use the blue painters tape. The contact paper is abot $5 a roll.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Oderless for me seems to mean less oder, not oder-free...

I've been using Goo Gone lately on my patterns; and it seems to work just as well. It's a little more expensive, but comes in a handy spray bottle and smells a whole lot better!!!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• bronco
    replied
    Gary,
    Lowe's and Walmart also have it.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• garyloos
    replied
    Mineral Spirits

Thank you Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Home Depot has it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• garyloos
    started a topic Mineral Spirits

Mineral Spirits

Hi All,

I have been using mineral spirits to get the paper pattern off my wood which work very well, but it leaves an odor on my cut out piece. Is there an odorless mineral spirit and if so where could I buy it. I thought I read once in an article that Jeff Z wrote where he used odorless mineral spirits.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X