Possible new scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new scroll saw

OK I respect everyones opinion here, I have a chance to buy a DeWalt 788 Type 1 for $200.00. Only problem is it's about 3 1/2 hours away. What do u think Folks???
    Jack

That is a good price, I'd try to haggle them down a little since you have to travel so far. Does the owner say it works fine? How old is the saw. If it has not been run to death I'd go for it. It is probably around 12 years old as they stopped making the type one about then. So age is not a determining factor. Perhaps ask for pics. Keep us posted.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike,
      I just spoke to the guy. He said it's in excellent condition and it belonged to his uncle who hardly ever used it. When he died it was left to him in the will. So Maybe I lucked out. He's gonna meet me about 1/3 the way which will be a great help. Saw pictures and it looked really clean, so we'll see. Even comes with a stand..
      Jack

Comment

Sounds like an awesome deal. I'd go for it.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike,
          I told him that it was sold, I'll pick it up Saturday.
          Thanks..
          Jack

Comment

If you change your mind let him know I'm on the way. The road trip is the fun part and the saw is all the excuse I would need. BTW I'm 40 miles south of Canada in Upstate NY. Bet I could round trip it in 31/2 days
            May the wind at you back .....
            Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Oily,
              I bet you could LOL!!!
              Jack

Comment

Jack that is a darn good price for a type 1 , I've been looking for one in my area for almost 2 yrs now. Sounds like you hit the jack-pot no pun intended, specially not being used much. Good luck with it and post some photos, when you get it.
                Someone say tool or lumber sale I am out of here

Comment

Originally posted by WildmanJack View Post
                  Oily,
                  I bet you could LOL!!!
                  Jack
                  I would enjoy it. I drove truck for alot of miles. We used to keep three sets of books and you could refuse to wake up the other driver in the sleeper. The problems do start when you leave all three sets on the clipboard when you get pulled over. 2 Miles from the barn
                  May the wind at you back .....
                  Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Originally posted by oily View Post
                    I would enjoy it. I drove truck for alot of miles. We used to keep three sets of books and you could refuse to wake up the other driver in the sleeper. The problems do start when you leave all three sets on the clipboard when you get pulled over. 2 Miles from the barn

Hey you could stop off here in Virginia and take a log or 2 back with you. I bet I've delivered cabinets close to you when I had my truck leased to Landstar.
                    It's only a mistake if someone saw you do it.

It's not about what saw you drive. It's about the skill you drive it with.

Jim

Comment

Jack

I'm sure you will enjoy the new saw much more than the Craftsman. Congrats!
                      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                        Yeah I'm really looking forward to picking it up. Need to bring a couple off wrenches so I can take it off the stand and fit everything in my car. Neat stand though, it has a built in tilt, I didn't realize that.. I already had a piece of 2x6 under the back of my Craftsman and really didn't like the room it took up on my bench. This way I can have the DeWalt anywhere in the shop that's comfortable instead of jammed in between my drill press and belt sander..
                        Pictures will follow!!!
                        Jack

Comment

Congrat's Jack. You really did luck out-- it sounds like ! Hope it is a real cherry saw & you enjoy it a bunch. If you think you might need to move it now & then, I would put it on casters, so you can move it around where you want. I like that adjustment on the stand. It makes it real easy to adust up where you want it. If you do. I also added a foot switch to mine, so I wouldn't have a problem with the on-off switch. It did quit on me once, before adding the foot switch. After that, it has been no problem. Good Luck & enjoy your new toy.
                          PERK

Comment

Wow, I just spoke to the guys selling me the DeWalt, he's said he has a small band saw he'll throw in as well.. NO MORE MONEY !!!!! Man I ought to go buy a lottery ticket!!!!
                            Jack

Comment

Maybe you better rent a trailer!

Congrats, sounds like a great score!
                              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X