Recent work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent work

I got really bold and tried a couple of intricate patterns to see if I was good enough to do them. I am. There are a couple of mistakes on each but I think it's not too bad for a relative beginner.

The bass is from Steve Good's site. It is a pattern for a clock but I just cut off the clock part. Special thanks to Don R for his sailboat pattern.
    Attached Files

Nice cuttings! Thanks for sharing.
    Don R
    http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
    http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
    Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

For a self proclaimed beginner you have talent. Good job. Show us more of your work...

Comment

Nicely done...
        Douglas Fraser
        Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I have been sawing since March and usually can't wait until I can get back to it at the end of the work day. I've been practicing really hard and steadily. I have told myself many times "if you want to be good you have to practice, practice, practice". I find it very satisfying, so it's easy for me to make time to practice.

Comment

If practice is what you want try cutting washers. Straight lines are hard, parallel straight line are harder but make them parallel circles now you have a challenge.....two perfect circles and parellel to each other.....

Comment

I rally liked your use of wood grain to enhance to scrolling. Well done!
              Bill

Comment

Those look great. Pushing yourself with cuttings that are just outside of your comfort zone is a great way to practice and improve: you want to practice what you can't do (yet!), not what's already easy.

--Rob
                So who else was looking for a guitar rather than a fish?

Comment

Great work!! Both look amazing. I agree with wedo, the use of the grain pattern on the bass is very well done.

I'm multi-talented: I can talk and piss you off at the same time

Comment

I am overwhelmed by the comments. It's one thing to hear the wife say it's good but completely different to hear it from someone you respect. And I do respect you guys. Maybe I have finally found something I am good at. Thanks again, my confidence level has soared. I'll be trying some washers too shortly.

Comment

Very Nice! You should be proud of those cuts!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Comment

Both look very good. If by 'mistake' you mean a deviation from the pattern, then it's actually not a mistake, but an artistic choice.

Mike

Comment

Very nice cpowell. I think they look fine & the circle on the sailboat piece is very good practice. Cutting circles & straight lines are a challenge. Don't be affraid to do some easier patterns for practice, it will give you confidence & of coarse the more difficult ones will too. It's just more relaxing to throw an easy one in once in a while. Keep up the good work & enjoy Scrolling. Thanks for showing us.
                          PERK

Comment

Comment

You guys are very kind and your compliments are greatly appreciated. My confidence has been boosted immensely! Thank you very much.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
                                by will8989
                                Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
                                Yesterday, 09:54 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
                                Yesterday, 09:12 PM
                              • Tom in Ashland
                                The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                                by Tom in Ashland
                                Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
                                Yesterday, 08:08 PM
                              • keystonecop
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by keystonecop
                                Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
                                Yesterday, 06:14 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by KarlB
                                " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
                                Yesterday, 04:02 PM
                              Working...
                              X