1st scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st scroll saw

well just ordered my first scroll saw its a scheppach deco flex perhaps someone would tell me the best place to buy blades and what sizes, i will be cutting hardwood up to 5cm thick max i got the saw to make 3d signs and to cut shapes for my signmaking as this is what i now do now i am retired (it beats driving a bus lol) any help and advice would be most welcome
    thanks ..................Roger

Mike's Workshop English featuring: my life story, a cancer survivor, scrollsawing samples and tips, community service, list of favorite sites and Flying Dutchman fretsaw blades for sale. One of the best places to get blades and knowledge about blades Questiops about blades? Ask Mike, he does ship abroad.
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Thanks Mick,
      I got an email from him asking what number blade to use.
      FD Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

Hi Roger. Like you I am in the Uk. If I had been you I would have gone for the next model up on your new scroll saw. Having said that i hope it gives you many years of good service. You have gone to the right place for blades, Mike will give you any help you may need in choosing the right blades. I think 50mm thick hardwood is asking a bit much from the deco flex. You will need a high speed and the feed rate will be on the slow side. I would cover the pattern you are using with a couple of layers of clear packing tape as this will speed things up a bit and lubricate the blade at the same time preventing burning and blade breakage. I hope it works for you, should you have any problems come back, Great bunch of people on here all willing to give good advice.

Comment

Welcome to the Scrolling Family Roger....you will be hooked in no time at all
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

welcome too the forum,
            i too started out with a scheppach deco....
            i had it for about 4 years and had no problems with it,one thing i did change was the blade clamping system,but cant for the life of me remember where i got them,
            now use a hegner,
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

thank you guys well its arrived but cant use it yet as have done a lot of varnishing so will have to wait till that hardens before i can "play with it" will my saw cut 1 inch hardwood do you think? if not what is the max i can cut sorry to ask all these questions but i am a real novice i also need the saw to cut out numbers but will probably need a lot of practice.

Comment

Yes, Roger you can cut 1" thick wood.
                Make sure you have the right blade, like a # 7. Have good tension. The blade should not move sideways more than 1/8". Have good speed and slow feed rate.
                FD Mike
                SD Mike

Comment

well used it for the first time today it does cut 1 inch wood and with the blade supplied with the saw, made some key holders out of oak and some out of London plane not to bad but need a lot of practice yet the blade has pins but there is an attachment so pin-less blades can be fitted , well must try and find some plans to make simple things i must say scrolling is fun!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                    The bags seem easier on the surface.
                    But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                    Today, 03:24 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                    Today, 10:32 AM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                    Today, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by NC Scroller
                    I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                    Today, 07:42 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    by NC Scroller
                    I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                    Today, 07:39 AM
                  Working...
                  X