Blade won't turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade won't turn

I have a problem with the blades won't turn when I turn my work to go another direction. I have tried running slow or fast it doesn't seem to make a difference. I hope someone has a suggestion for me. thanks David
    Last edited by david; 10-20-2006, 07:18 AM.
    David
    My saw is a DeWalt 788

Must be user error or lack of tension. push back on front of blade, the blade should only move about 1/8 inch back. When making a turn, spin the wood, do not push sideways to turn. These are the only things I can think of that would make a turn difficult. Also make sure the teeth point down not up..I've done this a few times...oops.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

depends on what type of wood your cutting the size blade ext... the thinner the wood (and softer) the smaller and finer a blade you can use and in turn the tighter radius turns you can get, if your using #5s or 7s your turns will be wider unless you back cut the kerf a bit. HTH
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

I agree with Jeff that lack of blade tension is most likely to be the culprit here.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thanks : I have tightened the tension a little more, I will try that.
          I'm cutting 1/4 inch Baltic Birch with a 2 RT.
          Thanks again
          David
          My saw is a DeWalt 788

Comment

Dave, I use 2/0 blades with 1/4" bb all the time. Are you reaching a corner, drawing back slightly, turning the wood, and then proceeding?

This may seem silly, but the blade doesn't turn. The wood is turned by you.

I put the tension on my DeWalt at 4 or 4.5 and the speed at 6+.

Have phun.....Carter

Comment

Hi Dave, I have that problem too. and most the time it is. the tention. not tight enough. but also. my wood is warped some. just a little warp can give you fits. and also . not holding down my wood enough. ALSO. not to start a fight here. but some blades just do that. a skip tooth on 1/4 inch plywood is a good blade. I use a # 2 or even a 2/0. 24 or 26 tooth per inch. no matter if it is revers or not. but some blades just wont turn in the wood. belive it or not. try a cheeper blade. daaaaaaaaaaaaa i am in troubale now. but try it. also. check your blade for levale to the tabale. but mostly. its the blade. or warping, or tention. hope this helps. Evie Oh ya. sometimes slower is good. but then try a faster speed, but move your wood slow. remmber the blade only goes up and down. you move the wood. you can back up some befor a turn. then do your turn. also. if your going fast. when you come to your turn. stop. wait. and let the blade catch up. you'll be surprised how much you are pushing. relax your grip on the wood. and make sure your wood is not pused to the side.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X