3rd saw lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd saw lucky

well i got exculbar ex16 second saw it died on me, refund yes, i will now be getting my 3rd scroll saw, its going to be hegner and if that gos wrong on my , end of scroll sawing,, had lots of help from geoff he bin a god send, helping me so much, well i may be happy with a saw when i get my hegner ?/ hope so

Hey Doddy, hope that Hegner is the one that finally works for ya.

Comment

Hi

My third saw is a Hegner. I have had it for around twelve years now and have experienced no problems whatsoever - I wouldn't swap it for any other. Good Luck!

Sue

Comment

I agree with Sue. Hegner is a great brand of Scroll saw, you should like it.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Aw, Tracey...... what a run of bad luck! What happened to the Excalibur?? Did the motor give out? I have to say that, despite the bad luck that led you to it, I envy you a Hegner. I only hope that one day funds will permit me to get one. Good luck, and please post us some photos of the work that you do on it.

Comment

hi thanks guys i so excited maybe all this bad luck was for a reason ,maybe i was meant to have a hegner cant wait till it comes i hopeing saturday i will post my first cut on the hegner if its good are bad,

Comment

I have not used a Hegner, but sounds great. I have had my EX16 for a little over a year now with no problems. This post is the third in the past couple of weeks telling horror stories of recent purchases of the Excalibur. Wonder what has gone with their factory? If I was buying now I would do what you have done buy a Hegner. Sounds like EXcalibur has gone the way of the Type two Dewalt.
              Best of luck, let us know how it performs.
              Taking It Real Easy
              Doug

Doug's Wood Puzzles and Gallery

Comment

yes only had mine for 16days, it just stopped working, they refunded no worries, i didnt want it fixed, i lost faith in it, i hope this is the last saw i will have,i will let you know when i have had a go

Comment

Hope the Hegner works out for you! Good luck!

Comment

I have been teaching Doddy555 as much as I can by e-mail and she has made amazing progress and e-mails me the things she has made. In a few week she has come on in leaps and bounds. She now has her Hegner and although a bit strange for her she is getting to grips with the new saw and today made a few simple patterns, I can see a big difference. It is so frustrating for her as she has no one locally that could show her the finer points of scroll sawing and there is only so much you can teach by e-mail. I live over 200 miles from her but at the end of the month I am going to spend a few days showing her some more advanced stages of this wonderful craft of scroll sawing and then she will be well on her way and hopefully show some of her work here.

Comment

Glad your Hegner is working well for you. May I ask you are the blade changes as good as the Ex. was? I do a lot small frets and the upper arm lift on the Ex. or Dewalt is important to me. Years ago the Hegner was very slow going doing frets.
                      Norman

Comment

sawing sue thanks , an fretnot thanks so much for your help, well cant thank you enough, norman i so new to scroll sawing an i love it i have proc bin on it about 12 days in total , that means from first saw to 3rd, 3rd i have had about 10 mins on, cos of time an stuff, the first saw i had blade change was awful for me, second saw blade change was so fab, i loved it, but machine just died on me, 3rd saw blade change well i so new to it, that i have to say an i may get slated for this like the 2nd blade change better, i may change my mind when i have used 3rd saw hegner, norman exsplain what you mean, if you mean, is it ok to insert wood then get blade back in its so easy , ,,,hope this helps remeber i so new to this. i love it an want to learn it all, hegner i bin told best saw in world i scared of useing it, thats cos its my 3rd saw an i want it so much to work

Comment

hi well i had my hegner , an i getting to know it a little i love the whole scroll saw thing, i cant get enough of it, i just want to learn so much , want to know it all fretnot has bin brill , i will try uploading so pictures comments good an bad will be brill thanks,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Doddy, Congrats, You are doing GREAT!!!!
                            http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
                            http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
                            Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

thanks don i love it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X