happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy

hi guys got my new excalibur ex_ 16s , i cant wait to have a go tomz, any tips would be great thanks , happy tracey axmister were great with me took the other saw back no prob ,

only tip is to stick around this forum and do a lot of reading and
    to also remember there are no dumb questions!
    congrats on the ex-16, wish i had a 16 instead of my 21

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

aww thanks i always reading on here an utube,,hey i have a dumb question for you are anyone come to that,,,,what am i doing wrong when wood starts to shake ?? maybe not holding it down right ?

Comment

Yep, if it 's jumping up and down, you are not putting enough pressure on the top. Glad you got the new saw. Anxious to see how you like it.

Comment

I agree Okie, &l further more, make sure the blade is in the holder with teeth pointing down. Enjoy your new Ex.
          PERK

Comment

aww thanks everyone, i am loving my new saw, i am stress free blade change is a dream, the whole thing is a dream i so happy, but have so much to learn, i looking forward to learning, and i must say the people on here are brill very kind and helpfull, need to practise now

Comment

doddy555, go to Steve Goods page "Scrollsaw Workshop.com" and scroll down a ways and he has a real neat program on how to make Key Chains. They are great starter projects, they don't take much wood and not a lot of time. I got frustrated at first and then went to the New Spiral Flying Dutchman in 2/0 size blades and then it really became fun. I made one for about everyone I know. Good luck and I'm glad you finally got a saw to have fun with.

Comment

aww thanks okie i will have a look , i am having fun just getting to know the saw loving it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by markdavd
                  I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                  Today, 09:45 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                  Today, 07:42 AM
                • will8989
                  by will8989
                  None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                  Today, 12:20 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                  The bags seem easier on the surface.
                  But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                  Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                  Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                Working...
                X