pinned blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinned blades

hi my clamps have gone again they sending me 2 more so that will be 5 i have had,,,of work today and really want to practise, what can i cut with pinned blades that come with machine,,,,,,axminster said if i still not happy with the next 2 blade clamps i can send my saw back !!!

well clamps come ,,,do i keep it are send it back !!!

Comment

What brand of saw??
      Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
      with a EX-21

Comment

awvf variable speed fretsaw 700153 from axminster uk

Comment

blade clamp probs.

After all the upset, I would send it back. The whole idea is to enjoy the hobby and get some personal satisfaction out of it, not become a tool repairman. Its of course your call. Other peoples opinions don't cost anything.
          Lou.

Comment

hi louhodson i well upset, but now thinking after speaking to guy at axminster, who now wants me to send 5 blade clamps back to have a look at , might not be able to send it back now, so fed up ,,,,

Comment

I got the same saw and am really fed up with it already......had to change parts from my older saw because the screws of the clamps were worn straight away.....that plastic cover is to thin so it is not level with the table....and the amount of vibration....not good from them...also spoke to them and also wanted to send me replacement parts......but like you said...i am no repairman and am not intending on asking for new parts every 7 weeks.

Danny
              Patterns are for sale on my website http://www.intarsia.co.uk

Comment

hey danny, can i ask you do you have the same problem has i do with the blade clamp things. i am now thinking its me doing something wrong??? am i ?? i could be so new to the whole thing, and i mean new, i should be blonde,,,lol,, i getting worried now cos could be me doing something wrong, please help lol

Comment

Some saws are made very cheap, When I first moved to Hawaii I tried to get a good saw but most places wouldn't ship there so I settled on a Ryobi and what a piece of gabage went throgh two of them cause of blade tentioner broke,so I went to sears and got the craftman turns out same problem went throgh two of those then gave up. I found out ryobi makes the craftsman saw lol so I don't think it's you.Jerry
                  Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

In most cases you get what you pay for. If your saw costs when you bought it new for $100 USD or 76 EUR then you can expect that a few corners have been cut during the engineering and design phase of the saw as well as making it with the cheapest materials possible. I am not sure what saws are available in GB but I would most definitely be looking for a better saw.
                    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                    John Wayne

Comment

thanks jerry, i did really enjoy what little time i had on the saw, to be honest this saw is not for me its making me stressed and that is not the idea, so hopefully they will come and take it back, before it puts me of scroll sawing,,,,,

Comment

Do yourself a favor and just return it, as for getting stressed it's not worth it that's why I gave up over in Hawaii just didn't want to stress out on the cheap saws, good luck and just wait till you can get a better saw.Jerry
                        Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

thanks jerry will do

Comment

thinking i am going to really enjoy scroll sawing , so it might be best to get better saw i thinking the excalibur ex_ 16 thats my idea wheather i will be able to do it is another thing

Comment

doddy 555

Hi Doddy
                              If you are still having trouble with your blade holders Olson do a conversion kit. Have not used it myself but it may be worth ago,it's avaliable in uk from Woodwork craft supplies,at woodworkcraftsupplies.com .Sorry don't know how to put link in. stick with it as it's a terrific pastime
                              nick G

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X