my first thing !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first thing !!!

hi , everyone this is my first attempt at a fish !! not fab but comments please and a big thankyou to chris wilder who has helped me so much
    Attached Files

Way to go, Doddy. As you are cutting, keep your eyes focussed just ahead of the blade. This will help stay on the line.
    Keep up the good work.
    Don R
    http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
    http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
    Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

aww thanks don i will try, i am buzzing i know its not brill but i love it ,

Comment

When the blade seems to want to go off the line, I try to slow down and keep saying to myself to let the saw do the work. Don't force it to go faster than it should. Keep practicing and then come back to that pattern sometime to compare the two. Way to go!
        Keith

Comment

thanks keith, all comments i take on board thanks

Comment

Keep this piece and compare it to ones u=you do in the future. You will be suprised at how fast you will improve. Soon you will be submitting patterns for the rest of us.

Good start....

Comment

Great stuff, Tracey - see, we told you you could do it! You will get more confident and improve every time you have a go!

Chris

Comment

aww thanks hammer i do hope so me doing patterns , i am loving it, cant thank you enough chris

Comment

I don't know what speed you do your cutting at, we all have our own preferences. Personally, I usually cut at a very slow speed, it seems my mistakes come faster the faster my blade speed. Another trick is to find out which one of your eyes is the prevelant eye by pointing at an object and seeing which eye lines up with the object, then try to remember to use that eye to follow the lines when cutting.
                  Jack

Comment

Great first project. See, you can do it! I know it's difficult to remember this when you're heading into a tight turn and the saw seems to be speeding into the cut, you're the one who determines how fast that cut happens. True! Slow your feed rate and put a little pressure against the wood with the back of the blade as you saw through the turn. It will help keep you on line and make the turn easier. Practice with some scrap wood. Draw some lines with tight turns and practice them before cutting something you want to keep.

Mostly, have fun!

Jan

Comment

That's great, Tracy! If the blade tends to wander a bit to you, the tension might need a bit more adjustment. No matter what saw a person has, blades, and tension have a lot to do with scrolling. More expensive saws are just easier, and vibrate less.
                      Keep at it! Like Sir Winston said, "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big differance."

Paul
                      www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

jack its on the slowest it will work lol, yes see what you mean about eye, thanks jan only had ago on it today did few lines, then went for fish lol,,,, loving it folks

Comment

nice job, cant wait to see more , i found the first project to be the hardest then just watch the improvement every project

Comment

aww thanks lefty1011 made my day, aww it was but i just love it, i have watched people do it on utube make it look so easy its not, and i have looked at the things the people on here do, and i think its wounderfull thanks for comment

Comment

I truly believe that one of the important principles for a newcomer is to learn to NOT move - to stay perfectly still with the saw running full speed and NOT moving the wood or cutting at all. Learn to stop anytime you want. Make split-second decisions to do so.

NOW, gradually, learn to turn the wood while you're stopped as above. Remember the blade is still moving. Turn it one way and then the other without the blade ever cutting.

If you master the skill of NOT cutting and moving the wood while you aren't, you will be able to negotiate any turn and follow any pattern!

Carter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X