Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got my scroll saw conversion kit!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my scroll saw conversion kit!!!!!!!!!

got my blade conversion kit, or will get today, cant wait till it gets here. i have 5 dozen olsen saw blades. i can now cut patterns with small cuts. i am super excited i hope it works for my scroll saw it should.

What kind of saw do you have? Are you converting from "pinned" to "no pin" blades? If yes, I will tell you that I had an old ryobi when I first started cutting and I got one of the conversion kits and while it worked like a champ it only made me want a new saw. So, while the kit may make you happy in the short run it might turn out to be more expensive than you think because you will start eying those more expensive saws. . . . . (I'm not telling you . . . I'm just saying)

)
    John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Big change for me between pin and no pin.The problem I had was not enough tension,after that everything went fine.
      Tony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
        Teach - Learn
        by Sandy Oaks
        A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Today, 12:13 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to First Project - Stretching Cat
        by Sandy Oaks
        Very well done, especially for your first. I too like the added detail.
        Today, 11:22 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Insertion of a marquetry pattern in a stained glass window
        by Rolf
        The end result is beautiful I really like that Hummingbird design....
        Today, 09:54 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Help with spray adhesive
        by Rolf
        I have used all sorts of methods for putting on patterns. The only time I put a pattern directly on the wood is on Intarsia as the shaping process removes it. I only use blue tape under the pattern on very small projects.

I Use clear removable contact paper (shelf liner) on the wood and...
        Today, 09:51 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Sanding and calibration disk.
        by Rolf
        I agree about how it was advertised, but it is my own fault, I know better. Just for curiosity I may strip the paint off and see how true the plate is.

The good thing is that while I had my saw blade off I cleaned it sprayed Crud cutter on it let it sit then wiped it off with a skotchbright...
        Today, 09:42 AM
      Working...
      X