help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

can someone please tell me what saw is the same as mine in the way the blades are changed,,,,my saw is axminster AWVFS variable speed fretsaw 700153,,,,,,i have bin tould have to take the side of machine to get to bottom to fit bottom blade ,,,,surely there is an easy way ,,,i very new to all this so ear with me,,,, would like to watch on utube maybe a saw like mine ,,,
    thanks tracey

Tracey,

The machine I started on is similar, I believe. Looking at the picture that white plate with the two stickers on is covering the bottom blade attachment. I took mine off along with the hold down and the guard. It looks as if it is only secured with two bolts.

I discarded all three bits. Otherwise there is no way to change the blade without trying to "fish" for the attachment. I think they are only put on for some H&S numpty. They just make things impossible with them on.

Let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by Mayo Farmer; 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

thanks for that a friend of another site has said the same thing, what a stupid design having to take side of ,,,,,my friend is going to skype me tomz and help me set my saw up, she is from france and its very kind of her
      tracey

Comment

I agree, after getting my first saw, I quickly realised that very little thought had been put into how the thing would actually be used.

I suppose someone had seen a potential for putting your hands or fingers underneath the saw table while the saw was running and coming into contact with the blade. I take it that your saw types pin end blades? Mine did and it was just possible to change the blades by fishing for the cup hookd through the hole in the saw table. Most unsatisfactory.

But one thing it will do far better than anyone telling you, is let you know inexpensively whether you like the hobby or not, and it will let you see for yourself all the features you want on your next saw.

Good Luck
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

hi yes you are right, if i can manage to use the saw and like it, i hope i do if i can get the hang of it , then yes i would move onto a better one ,,,,,think i may need lots of practise first lol
          take care
          tracey

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
            by will8989
            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
            Yesterday, 11:10 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Farmers market
            by will8989
            Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by tgiro01
            Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
            Yesterday, 09:38 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Linda In Phoenix
            It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
            Yesterday, 06:47 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Plastic puzzle
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
            Yesterday, 06:38 PM
          Working...
          X