VERY NEW scroll saw user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY NEW scroll saw user

Help... have a Scheppach Deco 405 my very first scroll saw. Arrived on Friday! I have been happy playing and experimenting. Just started my first project and oops blade has snapped! Instruction book doesn't show how to change it and I've looked on line. I have worked out that there are 2 points to anchor the blade but when i put new blade in place and tighten both hex keys, as soon as I push the lever at the back of the arm it just pops the blade. I'm actually not sure if I have a small broken piece of blade in the bottom as I haven't found it. Any help would be great.......don't want to wait for hubby to come home from work to help. Thanks Di

This was my first saw also,to change the blade you should have got a t bar hex which you place in the slots of the bottom side panel,till you find the bolt that holds the blade,the upper clamp is no problem,when i started i removed the side panel too make the bottom clamp more accessable.i eventual,changed the blade clamps on my saw ,not sure where i got them now.the top was a thumb screw,hand tightened,the bottom was still tightened wit the hex key,..
    You may still have a piece of broken blade in the lower clamp,but if i were you iwuld see about replacing them....HOPE THIS IS SOME BIT OF HELP...
    not doing much
    and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

make sure you get the blade tension right. The blade should "ping" when plucked. Not enough tension can also break a blade.
      Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Sorted

Thanks Tony & Jim, I got so impatient I just fiddled until I did it. The whole scroll saw technique isn't as easy as some make it look but I AM loving it.
        I have been invited to have a stall at a craft market 31st March so i will be practising every day!!!

Di

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X