Best learning patter I've seen yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best learning patter I've seen yet!

All new people to get hold of the latest issue of scrollsaw woodwoking & crafts magazine and turn to page 66 Fretwork Wheelbarrow.
    Grab some 1/8" plywood and start cutting.
    I cut the first one out of Maple and used a New Spiral 2/0 blade. I thought it turned out real well (Wife said it was my best job yet) it was so much fun to cut that I decided to make 2 more as gifts for my sister and sister inlaw, I used plywood for the second two. I also decided to use a #3 R Flying Dutchman blade, I was going to take my time and try to really do it right. There are a lot of turns and square corners and I learned more about my cutting doing these than I have in all my former projects put together. It's a great pattern and it probably took about 3 hours to cut the entire pattern. Don't get in a hurry there are so many curves I promise you that you will learn a lot from it.

I would take your word or your wife's that it is the best yet but around here we do love pictures....NPNH (No Picture Never Happened) LOL
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Don't listen to them. I am sure you did it. A picture would be nice tho.
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Had a little discussion about this the other day. I'm 67 years old and some would say I'm computer challenged as are several other people on this forum. I'm not a whizkid that can do everything with a computer. I also enjoy pictures of projects but by the same time I respect the limitations of those that don't post pictures, I figure they have their reason for not posting a pic's. I personally thing the NPDH thing is very rude! I thought this forum was about helping other people learn and enjoy the hobby not down grade. Enough Said!

Comment

I do apologize if you think my comment was rude. It was meant in good fun. We are here to help out newcomers. We do understand that some are not as good as others on the computer. There are members that can guide you through the process of posting pictures and make it quite easy for you to show us what you have done.
            You don't need to show us at all what you have done. You are very welcome to come and brag about all your nice projects. I will not ask you for pictures again.
            Diane
            Dragon
            Owner of a Dewalt 788
            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. My subscription has lapsed, mostly due to budget issues and the lack of recent saw time. I'll find a copy and check out what you are talking about. I could use the practice and a good pattern that will help develop skill and confidence.

The NPDH/NPNH (didn't/never) comments I view as over zealous curiosity and interest of what people have done and trying to guilt them into posting pictures. This is all the more true when we say it is 'our best yet'. We are eager to see how well everyone is doing and want to appreciate their work and development.

Glad you thought enough about the pattern to post it as a great practice/skill development project with an end result. We can cut staircase patterns or draw random lines but what fun is that? You don't don't have something to display or showcase after the fact.

Just to be my own pain. I might just draw a bunch of lines or print the samples from one of my books cut the lines and then frame it with the paper still attached. Anyway I ramble.
              Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Apology accepted Diane. I guess I was just in a don't pick on me mood that day. I understand and I also like to see pics. I guess it's just part of becoming a grumpy old man. :-) I love the forum and I do get a lot out of it, even from people that don't post pics :-)

Comment

Picture Uploading

Okie

It is up to you whether or not you want to share pictures. If you would like here is how to do it.

Step 1 Click on " Go Advanced"
                  Step 2 Click on " Manage Attachments" this will open another small window.
                  Step 3 Click on "Browse" and another window will open.
                  Step 4 Go to wherever you have saved your pictures on your computer.
                  Step 5 Click on the picture you would like to share and then click "Open" you can do steps 3 through 5 until all 5 boxes are full.
                  Step 6 Click "Upload" If you have more than 5 pictures you have to upload the first 5 and then start over from step 2.

Here are some screen shots to help you. The last picture is just to show you how the process gets repeated and to show you that the other pictures have been uploaded.
                  Attached Files
                  Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Hey Okie; Saw the article, and liked it. If I can get my hitachi CW40 working, gonna try it. I'm new here and I had to ask questions couple of times about how to get where. I'm VERY comp. illiterarte. And, 67 is not old.
                    Joe Keep the faith.

Comment

Thanks Evilbadger, I went by your instructions and was able to post a pic. Thanks again. I even wrote it down and taped it to my computer so I won't forget. :-)
                      Last edited by Okie; 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

hey okie, i would love the pattern, as i am very new to this

Comment

Hi doddy555
                          Due to copywright laws Okie cannot send you the pattern but you can purchase the magazine and get your own pattern and many others included in there.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

hi diane thanks for that, how do i go about getting magazine ? thanks

Comment

You should be able to go to any of the major home improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot) and get one from their magazine/book section.
                              Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X