cant do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant do it

well i couldnt wait any longer to have ago of my scroll saw , so i did it on floor, i just cant do it at all, yes i am now waiting till i get stand, but i think it would be great if i could have someone show me in person would love to know where you could have lessons, i have watched loads of videos an it looks so easy, well to me its not ,,,,looks like i may have to put it on ebay, i am gutted really wanted to do it , very fed up
    tracey

You can't give up after the first try. Tight rope walking looks easy too. So does juggling. Everything takes time and practice.
    Keith

Comment

Your hand/eye coordination probably gets all confused when trying to operate the saw on the ground. Get it up on a table or something and then give it a go. Draw some lines on some pieces of scrap and see if you can follow them. Then forget the lines and try to cut shapes of simple objects.

And quit lying! You CAN do it!

Best wishes..... Carter

Comment

I never thought I would be able to either but you have to keep tryin that's all you can do. I suggest you take your time and move slowly you'll get.Jerry
        Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

my stand is nothing more than a set of of kitchen cabinets someone was going to throw away , i put a piece of rubber down on top to help take out vibration, and they seem to be the perfect height, to make it comfortable, my wife and daughter wanted to learn how to scroll daughter gave up after 20 seconds my wife is still trying, i drew some lines for her to follow, then some more lines with different curves, keep trying until you are comfortable but dont overburden yourself, what really helped was having the saw set up at a good height for her so she would always be in a comfortable position

Comment

Tracey, please don't get discouraged. If you've watched the videos, then now it's just about applying what you have learned. Come here and post your questions and someone will try their best to help you.

If you are having trouble following the lines, then just draw some lines on a piece of scrap wood and practice for a while. Don't put any pressure on yourself to turn out a project, but examine what you are having trouble doing and focus on that. Take your time, don't try to go too fast. It may look easy in the videos, but that can be misleading. We all progress at a different pace, so be patient. I believe that it will come to you and once it does, then you are off to the races.

Good luck and keep at it!
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Simple rules to remember: Get that blade tight. (Should "Ping" when plucked) Feed the wood slowly. Most of the rest is just practice.
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Tracey, you need to let all of us know what brand saw you have & the brand of blades you are using. First of all, now that you have the saw & no place to mount it, you need to work on that & that only. Don't do anything until you get the saw mounted at a comfortable heighth, for you to work at. Do you want to cut standing or sitting? You have to decide that too. Once you get your saw mounted, then the number one thing to do is get QUALITY BLADES, like Flying Dutchman. Those are a quality blade & I have used them completely for the start. If you can get them there in the UK, that would be great. Just work on getting set up first. You won't be happy until you do. So "git-r-done"
                HA Good Luck & keep working at it. You will enjoy scrolling.
                PERK

Comment

aww thanks guys for all the reply , i have took them all on board and i will now leave it till i got in on something, the saw i have is axminster awvfs variable speed fretsaw 700153, i used the blade that was in it, i have orded some flying dutchman of ebay, couldnt get them of mike cos i havent got right card,i have no coordination at all so think i will struggle, i will just keep trying, because it really is something i want to do,
                  thanks again everyone for commenting

Comment

I have found that the tortoiseand the hare had a very good thing going with slow and steady wins the race. Patience will prevail even when you think everything else is falling apart. Sorry I can't give you any more than that, but I am still one of the young pups on here.
                    Good luck,
                    Kyle
                    Sir, I have not yet begun to fight!
                    ~ John Paul Jones

Comment

thanks kyle , i am going to keep trying ,an trying

Comment

doddy, i only have one hand, but my love and desire for this kind of work made it easy to figure out the easiest way for me to do my projects, in the beginning i made a lot of kindling wood, but now after a lot of practice and a positive attitude i can do it, i still make lots of mistakes but have gotten a lot of support from this site and people who have never seen this kind of work before,

Comment

doddy don't give up. we all felt that way when we first began. take your time. just keep practing, an soon you will surprise yourself at what you can do.just go slow an don't push to hard.
                          Tricia

Comment

thanks lefty1011 you have give me hope thanks so much,,, and tricia i will take on board what you have said thankyou

Comment

Hi Tracy,
                              ...My saw has been on the same old kitchen tab;e for over 20 years...And I sit on an old piano bench with a seat cushion from a broken chair.
                              Look at my web site and see what can be done with the most meager of set ups...

Time will lead you..You only have to follow it..In no time you'll be addicted....
                              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                              No task is too tedious for Art.
                              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X