Delta 20"scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 20"scroll saw

I am looking to buy a scroll saw.I notice that the Delta 20" scroll saw is going on sale. Can anyone give me some feedback as to the quality of this saw? How does it compare to the DeWalt 20" scroll saw?

have heard it is same with differnt color

Comment

The DeWalt 788 and the Delta 40-690 are essentially the same saw... the color is different.

Check the table to make sure it is flat around the blade hole opening before leaving the store.

Excalibur has a 16" that you may want to look into that is in the same price range and I believe the 21" has come down in price as well.

I have a 788 and liked it well enough - had some problems but the dealer took care of it. I found a Hegner for a killer price last time my 788 was in for repairs and I like the cut the Hegner does much better but the price difference is significant.
      Douglas Fraser
      Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

I received my delta about a week ago. I have loved it. I got it from Woodcraft for $350.00 I felt like it was a deal that I could not pass up. I would check with your local woodcraft store and see if they have them I got my for the sale price from a store down south of us.

Tom

Comment

I just ordered mine online this evening. On sale at Woodcraft for $349 plus $20 shipping.
          Don R
          http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
          http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
          Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Rolf
            Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
            That is...
            Today, 08:15 AM
          • Jimern
            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
            by Jimern
            The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
            Today, 06:29 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
            by will8989
            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
            Yesterday, 11:10 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Farmers market
            by will8989
            Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by tgiro01
            Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
            Yesterday, 09:38 PM
          Working...
          X