Delta 20"scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 20"scroll saw

I am looking to buy a scroll saw.I notice that the Delta 20" scroll saw is going on sale. Can anyone give me some feedback as to the quality of this saw? How does it compare to the DeWalt 20" scroll saw?

have heard it is same with differnt color

Comment

The DeWalt 788 and the Delta 40-690 are essentially the same saw... the color is different.

Check the table to make sure it is flat around the blade hole opening before leaving the store.

Excalibur has a 16" that you may want to look into that is in the same price range and I believe the 21" has come down in price as well.

I have a 788 and liked it well enough - had some problems but the dealer took care of it. I found a Hegner for a killer price last time my 788 was in for repairs and I like the cut the Hegner does much better but the price difference is significant.
      Douglas Fraser
      Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

I received my delta about a week ago. I have loved it. I got it from Woodcraft for $350.00 I felt like it was a deal that I could not pass up. I would check with your local woodcraft store and see if they have them I got my for the sale price from a store down south of us.

Tom

Comment

I just ordered mine online this evening. On sale at Woodcraft for $349 plus $20 shipping.
          Don R
          http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
          http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
          Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
            Reply to Old & New
            by Misouri Wayne
            Very nice tribute. Thanks for sharing.
            Today, 06:55 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
            by will8989
            Jo, when I got my hegner long ago it had a light with it. In the back of the light was an outlet for the footpedal. I put in a 3 prong plug and plugged in my footpedal and vacuum. Ran great for 15 years. A few years ago the outlet on the lamp died and my footpedal at the same time. I had to replace...
            Today, 01:27 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Old & New
            by will8989
            I got chills reading that. A treasure for a lifetime.
            Today, 12:01 PM
          • will8989
            Birthday presents for grandkids
            by will8989
            Conversation with Bruce. I need some beads for the dream catchers. Bruce - let me go look through my stash. I have what you need. Me - of course you do. When I first started doing shows, Bruce would go and make dreamcatcher earrings and other jewelry. He was quite good at it. Of course he was. He kept...
            Today, 11:59 AM
          • Jo Labre
            Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
            by Jo Labre
            The saw was plugged into a Festool Midi vac, which was plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Rolf, could you explain your setup again? It appears your saw is plugged into foot switch which is plugged into outlet strip. Where does the Festool fit? Does it turn on when saw starts if it is...
            Today, 10:02 AM
          Working...
          X