Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Aggressive Cutting in pine?

Hi guys,

I am cutting mainly thin sheet material with FDSR #1 or #3 with a fair amount of speed and success.

When Im cutting 3/4 inch pine, I am after a blade which cuts with more aggression. I have tried FDSR #5 and #7 so far, as that is the largest sizes I have. I am due to buy some more blades from Mike, and was wondering which blades would give me the fastest cutting speed? Im thinking polar blades may be the way forward, but would like some advice? sizes?

I understand not to push too hard, and that less T.P.I will offer less control, however, most of the cuts I do in 3/4 pine are long straight cuts or wide sweeping curves and im almost certain that I can achieve the cuts faster than I am currently, without the need to push too hard on the blade.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

I will suggest to get the POLAR from Mike # 5 and 7 will do the trick

Comment

Had the same question for Mike awhile back. FDUR"s work well but only go to #7 The SR's go up to #12 and I'm quite satisfied. I do quite a little cutting in 2x4's for toys and other items
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

If they are straight cuts and long sweeping cuts with no interior cuts. I'd use my bandsaw.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Cheers guys, I shall buy a dozen or so of each and give them a go.

As for the bandsaw idea... sadly im limited to a scroll saw a drill and a dremel!!! Perhaps an idea for the future though, when I finally have enough space for a proper workshop.

Comment

Thanks guys, I went with the Polar blades, received them today, and Im very happy with the results. Like a hot knife through butter.

Everyone's time and knowledge is very much appreciated, as always.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
              Reply to New tools
              by jim_mex
              Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
              Yesterday, 11:14 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to New tools
              by Hobbyhorse
              Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
              Yesterday, 11:03 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by Hobbyhorse
              Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
              Yesterday, 10:58 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by KarlB
              Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
              Yesterday, 09:41 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
              by KarlB
              Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
              Yesterday, 09:31 PM
            Working...
            X