Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

Hello all, so I started with this as my first pattern Do Not Disturb Door Hanger Scroll Pattern

I've cut out the circle, the 3 leaf clover and the NO but how do I drill a hole small enough to get a small enough blade in there? The pin style blades add extra width.

I'm sure this isn't the first time this was asked but I had no idea how to search for it.

Thanks
    ------------------------
    Dave

Since you are in need of using pinned end blades you will need to knock the pin out by placing it on a solid object to support it and tap it with a hammer, save the pin, insert the blade and replace the pin and saw away. This is why we try to convince folks to purchase a saw that accepts pinless blades. I know folks have to purchase what they can afford. Look for an adaptor that allows your saw to use pinless blades.

If I missed the point of your question, were you asking how to drill a hole really small get wire brad drill bits they come in very small sizes. try a number 56..
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Yup this is why pin type blades and machines are NOT COOL. Short term the only options you have are to do what Mike suggested or find someone else in town who will lend you time on their saw. Long term, see if you can get an adapter for your machine to accept pinless blades or better yet look for a better machine.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Dave, if you knock the pin out of your blade you can replace it with a safety pin if there is room for one. Go to Pozsgai's Designs - Scroll Saw for a conversion kit for your saw.
        Good luck with it.
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Crap, was afraid of that. I bought this one for 30 bucks off of craigslist. Guess I should look for a design more pin blade friendly?
          ------------------------
          Dave

Comment

Weird, I don't think my last reply took....and I don't remember what I wrote.

I did abandon that first project and went with one that I can use the pin style blades for.

Went down to WoodCraft today, they this DELTA saw for 120 bucks cheaper, very limited and it is pinless. I think I may go grab that one as I'm really liking to scroll and give my cheap on to my son to use.

Another thing I realized, I'm going to glue the paper down vs taping it, with the tape I noticed it was flapping around to much to follow the straight line.

Now lets hope this one stays.
            ------------------------
            Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by jim_mex
              Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
              Today, 09:17 AM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
              by jim_mex
              Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
              Today, 08:42 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by Rolf
              WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
              Today, 08:20 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New tools
              by Rolf
              You tube is a real blessing when it comes to learning new stuff. I have watched one that compared the flux core and gas mig weld. If I remember correctly polarity comes into play. The flux core weld was really nice. Have fun.
              I was told by the cardiologist that I am not allowed to weld because...
              Today, 08:14 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
              by Rolf
              The contacts on the keyboard main board are a screen printed silver metal the keys have small membrane switches under them, the probability of repair is slim. spilled coffee takes out the contacts almost instantly, the voice of experience,
              Today, 08:06 AM
            Working...
            X