what part should i cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what part should i cut

i was looking at this pattern and was wondering what part i should cut? im thinking black
    Attached Files

thats what I would go with. I would start in the center and work outward.

Comment

That is quite an undertaking. Be extremely careful near the top of the face as there are only 2 tiny bridges holding the face to the outside wood. This is going to make it extremely fragile. I would make a false bridge or 2 near the chin too the sideways pyramid shapes at the base of the chin area and cut them out at the end to help stabilize it. Good luck and do not be surprised if you break it.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

ok i will i am looking thru designs deciding which one i want to try next. i might wait on this one i dont know yet but thank you guys

Comment

I agree with Mike, I'd cut the eye area first and then leave a couple of pieces from the cheek to the outside of the hair and then cut them out last. It's going to be great when you finish. Not going to be as tough as it looks anxious to see it when finished.

Comment

thanks. ill try it out. hopefully it wont break. will let you know when im done how it turned out

Comment

just be careful,when the face area is cut it will be very delicate,uasaly when i cut somthing like this i hold on too the waste piece and reassemble it on a flat piece of ply too sand it,the waste helps keep it together better.
              not doing much
              and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

yea i will i have to get it to print right. but thanks for the advice

Comment

That is what glue is made for. If it breaks a lot of the time, if careful, you can put it back together and no one will know but you. I had a project that broke in three different places due to my not being carefull and I asked some people to see if they could find the break and no one could. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

thank you i just broke off a piece of wood and was about to give up i will set it aside to glue thank you.

Comment

I cut out all the pieces, paint them and put them all back in. I dont leave empty holes. Saves alot of hassle and makes things easier to figure out and visualize.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X