Blade off side to side question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade off side to side question

My blade is off at least a 1/8 of an inch. I have the manual so it tells me what to do but silly me doesnt know which part of the saw is the head. Is it the back part where the motor is or is it underneath the table where the parts are that I have to loosen then move the head? Can't believe I don't know but I don't ha.

Is there a page in your manual that identifies the parts? Most manuals will have something like that.

Comment

Would be a good idea to tell what brand and model saw you have. Then someone can help.
      An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Comment

Excalibur 16

Comment

Originally posted by Catlyn View Post
          Is there a page in your manual that identifies the parts? Most manuals will have something like that.
          On the explosion pages theres nothing called the head of the saw. So I just don't wantto move something I shouldnt. it says loosen trunion screws and move head until blade is straight then tighten down.

Comment

Do you mean that the blade is off center or that the blade moves side to side 1/8 as it cuts?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Karen12, I don't have an Excaliber but I would say the head would be the top part of your saw where the top of the blade is clamped in. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.
              Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

karen,
                if your blade is off side to side i would adjust the screws on the left side that touch the blade on the left sides, move them in so they are just past flush with the 'head' part that the blade is in that the knobs tighten down on. if it is still moving side to side just adjust one screw in or out till it is moving straight up and down.
                this is all assuming your talking the blade moves left to right as your sitting in front of the saw?
                Last edited by Northerner; 01-14-2012, 11:18 AM.

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

Karen:
                  i am assuming you are in USA your header doesn't say if so I would suggest you contact Ray at seyco and he will help you he is very very good at helping with excalabur prolems
                  Erssel

Comment

i ended up loosening the trunions they told me to and then went to the back of the saw and held onto the back part of the machine where the motor sits on the side then that whole piece wraps around and goes under the saw. well i moved that slowly nd the machine tilted a bit making the blade straight when looking at it from the side. so I think I am set. thanks

Comment

Usually if the blade is moving side to side a bit its because the set screws on the left side of both clamps need to be adjusted. If they aren't set correctly, your blade will not be in the same position in the top and bottom clamp causing your blade to be at a slight angle.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X