Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flagrl
    replied
    yea i took out the pin for the top and replaced it with a piece of a paper clip and i put it in there with needle nose pliers it is time consuming but i can make a little bit smaller hole. is there a way to make like a slit to fit the blade in instead of using a drill and making a hole?

Leave a comment:

• qlty
    replied
    You can also work the pin out of one end of a blade with a small pair of vise-grips by working the pin back and forth,it should go back in easier that way but its still time consuming.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Out of curiosity how long have you had the "skil" saw? Perhaps you can return it and exchange for an upgrade one that is designed fro pinless blades. Just a thought

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    oh thank you i knocked it out but havent been able to put the pin back in. i will try that.

Leave a comment:

• oily
    replied
    when you knock the pins out of the blades be sure and support the blade. You can place it flat on a piece of soft wood. You can use a safety pin as a pin when you mount the blade in the saw. Easier to handle.

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    Try giving Frank from Scroll Saw Retrofit Items a call he probably has adapters to fit your saw.

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    ok i will do that thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Mayo Farmer
    replied
    Originally posted by flagrl View Post
    i looked at it. its says it fits most 16in scroll saws but then it gives only 2 or 3 that it is for. i have a 16in skil saw. do you guys think it would fit?
    That's a tricky one, unless anyone has the exact saw. You might e-mail the site, or if you look at the diagram of the adaptor, you'll see that what it will do is replace the two hooks that hold the pins with two clamps that will hold the plain blades. On the Wooden Teddy Bear one, these bolt to your saw arms, if you can see on your saw, that your existing blade hooks can unbolt then it should work.

Fingers crossed that the foregoing made some sort of sense.

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    i looked at it. its says it fits most 16in scroll saws but then it gives only 2 or 3 that it is for. i have a 16in skil saw. do you guys think it would fit?

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    yea i was advised but i saw it would take pin and i thought it was that as i didnt know. i am going to get that scroll saw conversion set right now i think and see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Fretnot
    replied
    I do feel sorry for you, I am sure we have all made mistakes in the past. I seem to remember when you first posted questions on here you were advised to use pinless blades for the very reason you have this problem with inside cuts. But as people have said, don't give up, there are lots of things you can still do like children's jig saw puzzles, name signs, oven pulls etc. If you can make these things and sell them at a craft fair or to friends then you will soon have enough money for a new scroll saw that takes plain end blades.

Leave a comment:

• Mayo Farmer
    replied
    Hi Flagirl,

I did exactly the same when I started scrolling - so don't feel too bad. This saw will allow you to learn some basics. It will also inform your choice on a new saw better than reading other people's opinions ever will.

You can still do stuff that needs a large internal cut e.g. Diane Thompson's compound ornaments can be quite fun.

Another possibility is an adaptor to take plain blades The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.: Accessories
    When I first got this I thought it was great but you need an allen key each time you change blades. So if you look at a pattern and it's got 20 or so internal cuts .....

All the best and stick with it

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    replied
    Originally posted by flagrl View Post
    where would i find the jaws for the scrollsaw? and i can tighten it up where it will fit but after a few minutes it pop's out. so i will try the mineral spirits but i dont know if that would help but i will try thank you guys soooo much
    You can get the model Number off you Skil Scrollsaw and Google it for replacement parts online and this should help you find it and the price - now after you price it - you may decide after you get the price that you;d be better just to buy a new saw also . I think I gave $125.OO for my 16" craftsman and I think they wanted $50.00 for new jaws - well my saw was 10 years old I decided to up-grade to a new scrollsaw - since I knew I was going todo mostly scroll-work . Good Luck in what ever your decision you make ..............MB

Leave a comment:

• flagrl
    replied
    where would i find the jaws for the scrollsaw? and i can tighten it up where it will fit but after a few minutes it pop's out. so i will try the mineral spirits but i dont know if that would help but i will try thank you guys soooo much

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    You can take a ball peen hammer or any hammer and knock the pin out of one end insert the blade through your smaller entry hole and insert the pin back through the blade and still use pin end blades. It will be time consuming but at this point in time you really do not have a choice.

Don't give up, just work around the situation until you can afford a better saw. If your saw will accept pinless blades and they are slipping out of the holder try wiping them down with mineral spirits (the blades) and getting rid of the oil on them this may help alleviate them slipping.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X