Another goofy question !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another goofy question !

Im tryin to expand on my materials and ideas- has anyone ever cut on glass? Ive been itchin to try a stained glass project using my scrollsaw just wondering if anyone has tryed this? Happy new year and keep the sawdust flyin.

Pawpawdave.

I do stain glass as well as woodworking, never tried to cut it on the scroll saw, would like to buy a glass saw someday. I don't think the scroll saw will hold up to cutting the glass, don't know if you can even get blades for it. I have done a couple of projects that combine the two, will have to see if I still have the photos, but I don't think I do.

Arthur

Comment

you can get the diamond blades from Bushton Mfg. they work quite well, but take some practice and a drip tank which you can make out of a piece of 1 1/2" pvc reduce one end to 1/2 or 3/4 inch to accept an ice maker kit, mount at a level that will make the water flow and cut glass. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Jim you beat me to it. Good answer.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion ill keep this in mind as i experiment- I like to mix things up a bit just to see what happends. If it works ill post new pics .

Pawpawdave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X