Another goofy question !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another goofy question !

Im tryin to expand on my materials and ideas- has anyone ever cut on glass? Ive been itchin to try a stained glass project using my scrollsaw just wondering if anyone has tryed this? Happy new year and keep the sawdust flyin.

Pawpawdave.

I do stain glass as well as woodworking, never tried to cut it on the scroll saw, would like to buy a glass saw someday. I don't think the scroll saw will hold up to cutting the glass, don't know if you can even get blades for it. I have done a couple of projects that combine the two, will have to see if I still have the photos, but I don't think I do.

Arthur

Comment

you can get the diamond blades from Bushton Mfg. they work quite well, but take some practice and a drip tank which you can make out of a piece of 1 1/2" pvc reduce one end to 1/2 or 3/4 inch to accept an ice maker kit, mount at a level that will make the water flow and cut glass. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Jim you beat me to it. Good answer.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion ill keep this in mind as i experiment- I like to mix things up a bit just to see what happends. If it works ill post new pics .

Pawpawdave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
            Old Tool - Reborn
            by tgiro01
            With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
            Today, 03:24 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
            by Rolf
            I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
            Today, 10:23 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
            by Rolf
            Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
            Today, 10:19 AM
          • Jimern
            by Jimern
            I dropped my subscription long ago, so maybe I should not chime in, but I dropped it mostly due to the pattern pull out.

I do not have a flat bed scanner, nor do I want one, so that is my issue.

But the result is that if I cut a pattern to scan, I have also cut the parts of...
            Today, 07:55 AM
          • Quartz43
            by Quartz43
            +1 on NC Scroller's suggestions. I would add that on appropriate patterns stop using the grey as it would make it easier to copy.

It says a lot if Fox Publishing does not comment on an issue like this. Even if they said they are aware that people have concerns and are looking into it...
            Yesterday, 08:15 PM
          Working...
          X