creating portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating portraits

Hi yall this is my first post since I joined didnt think I had any questions that wasnt answered by old post. Then my pastor just called me tonight and wanted to see if I could saw him a portrait to give to a family member for christmas well I havent cut a portrait before since I am new to scrolling so I said let me do a little research my question is there a place on the web that I can down load free app that takes a picture and makes it a pic that can be cut. I dont want to buy softwear if cutting portraits isnt going to work for me. thanks for any guidance yall have.

Joe (saw it all)

The short answer is no. What you need to do is have a picture that is not copyrighted.

Place the pic in the scroll saw pattern request forum and ask for assistance in getting a pattern made.

Then you can cut out the pattern and post a picture of the finished project along with a big thank you for the designers here who made you the pattern. You can also look up former threads regarding how to learn to create your own patterns but it is not a simple process and it does take time.

I hope that helps you get started down the right path to creating this project for your pastor.

Welcome to the forum,.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You can always post and see what our good friends will do. I have seen some awesome portraits.

If you want to do you own, there is are good lessons using Gimp at

Village University • Scroll Saw Village

There also instructions using Paint Shop Pro at

Arpop's Pattern Academy

Good luck and I hope you post your results.

Don
      Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

thanks and a picture of my first piece

Thanks for a quick response my pastor is going to email me pic and I will post it in the mean time I will post pic of my first completed work
        Attached Files

Comment

This is what you chose for your first scrolling project? That is fabulous..
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nothing like jumping in with both feet and going for it, lol. Nice work! It is all just one cut at a time.

Comment

That's just amazing..I see a great addiction coming...I mean scrolling future..hehe

That's pretty off the hook..!!!

Nice work...!!!
              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
              No task is too tedious for Art.
              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

yep that is what I chose I figured that cross had all the twists and turns I would have to learn I figured just go for then my neighbor came over asked me if I would sell it to him for his mothers christmas present I said sure sold it to him and turned around and stack cut four more. Do yall think I am a gutton for punishment lol

Comment

Wow! First project! hehe I am working on my first one, but that? It'so intricate, I would have been sceared to death around those very thin connectors in that design.

Impressed.

Sunlion
                  The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

It was challenging but I figured if it went wrong I would have the prettiest fire stater ever hahahaha

Comment

Fear is a production of the mind...To do is divine...To forget yourself wise... to give, beneficent...
                      ...Without chance, there can be no life...
                      Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Sorry,
                        I wax poetic sometimes....
                        Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

That's okay Jim, I am notorious myself for waxing thus. done it so much over the years I have quite the glossy coat hehe.
                          The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by will8989
                            Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                            Today, 09:53 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by will8989
                            Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                            Today, 09:49 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                            Today, 09:32 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Sundays market
                            by will8989
                            We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                            Today, 08:56 PM
                          • Jim McDonald
                            Reply to Interesting pallet
                            by Jim McDonald
                            I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                            But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                            Today, 08:17 PM
                          Working...
                          X