Anyone doing any Bandsaw scrolling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone doing any Bandsaw scrolling?

I bought a Rikon 14" Deluxe. I was going to order the Carter Stabilizer RIK-1 attachment for it so that I can do some larger work.

Wasn't sure if anyone has scrolled with the big boy saw.

or if they have this Carter Stabilizer for their bandsaw in order to do any scroll work, and what they think about it.

Carter Stabilizer? cutting a reindeer - YouTube

I have made several band saw boxes. and several other members us their bandsaws for boxes and other projects all the time. We don't consider the scroll saw a little toy however as opposed to the "big boy saw".
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

In my community woodshop, they called it the "sissy saw". Suited me just fine since I had it all to myself.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I just got my brand new Rikon 14" Deluxe delivered last week. Just got an assortment of timberwolf blades today so I hope in the coming weeks I will have time to play around with it. Interesting video and I can't believe how quick that guy cut that. I'm going to be using the saw mostly for resawing but I also hope to do other projects. Th'er, what do you think of the Rikon so far?

Comment

Jeez, I should have said " it's big brother" instead.

haha I didn't mean for it to be taken the wrong way. But I can see where it would be. No disrepect intended.

Sawdust: I've only had it for a few weeks myself and would you believe I've haven't made a trip to the Lumber yard yet, So I've been just messing around with scraps ...

the nearest mill around that carries hardwood is nearly 2 hrs away from me..
          I'm heading there in the next cpl days to pick up a cpl hundred BF Walnut, Maple, White oak. for some blanket chests & toy boxes for family members.

Everyone likes this style that I found online.
          Attached Files

Comment

My reply hasn't cleared as of yet

Sorry I did not see it sooner I was making sawdust. It has been approved for all to see. Sometimes attachments alert our spam arrest-or software and it places a particular post into a moderation mode until one of us can get to it to approve the attachments.
            Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Nice! Please post pictures when your masterpiece is complete.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                Today, 12:59 AM
              • will8989
                Sundays market
                by will8989
                When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                Today, 12:46 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by will8989
                I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                Today, 12:27 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by jim_mex
                Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                Yesterday, 08:47 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by KarlB
                Very well done!

Karl
                Yesterday, 07:36 PM
              Working...
              X