Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel & Sanding

Hi,
    Has anyone had any luck devising a way to make the dremel a small spindle sander? I can't afford a sander right now - $ and space. I have seen the dremel workstation but it didn't have positive reviews.
    Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    New Dog

I use the flex shaft attachment it works great.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I also use the "Dremel" for sanding in small places. It has sanding disks and spindle type attachments that work fairly well. I don't have anything that can get into tight spots however. And like Mike I use the flex shaft attachment.
      Bill

Comment

Good question. I had thought of mounting a Dremel under a small table with just the drum above the surface. Sort of like a router table.

In fact this could also be used for Dremel round-over router bits. Hmmm....
        Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

I use a Dremel for sanding and have had good luck with it.I have the Dremel Workstation and set the tool for use like a spindle sander and it works great.You just have to limit the size of the job to fit the power of the Dremel.
          Tony

Comment

Interesting thought New Dog. I use the flex shaft on mine and can get into some tight spots with it, but it would be great to have 1/4" dia x 2" long sanding drum to evenly sand the inside of boxes etc. Now you've planted the idea I will have to get in my freezing shop and have a play around.
            Mick
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

i bought a dremel tool awhile back and was just getting on here to ask about using it for sanding. i will look into the flex shaft for it thank yall

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I'm going to get the workstation and try to devise a longer sanding drum. I'll keep you posted.
                New Dog

Comment

Workstation makes the Dremel into a fine little drill press, too. I couldn't use the Dremel for sanding little spaces without the flex shaft.

Jan

Comment

Did this idea get any further? I'm very interested in how to make a finer grit sander with a dremel tool--either using flexshaft or workstation.. Has anyone done it? I need to sand 3/4 to 5/8 inch poplar on the cut edges. all the dremel drums I've got have fairly rough grit.. I think I need to make my own--I'd also like it to be longer as they are 'short' and I make a mess of it.
                    Ready, Fire, ... Aim!

My blog: Pokeberry Patch

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X