Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel & Sanding

Hi,
    Has anyone had any luck devising a way to make the dremel a small spindle sander? I can't afford a sander right now - $ and space. I have seen the dremel workstation but it didn't have positive reviews.
    Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    New Dog

I use the flex shaft attachment it works great.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I also use the "Dremel" for sanding in small places. It has sanding disks and spindle type attachments that work fairly well. I don't have anything that can get into tight spots however. And like Mike I use the flex shaft attachment.
      Bill

Comment

Good question. I had thought of mounting a Dremel under a small table with just the drum above the surface. Sort of like a router table.

In fact this could also be used for Dremel round-over router bits. Hmmm....
        Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

I use a Dremel for sanding and have had good luck with it.I have the Dremel Workstation and set the tool for use like a spindle sander and it works great.You just have to limit the size of the job to fit the power of the Dremel.
          Tony

Comment

Interesting thought New Dog. I use the flex shaft on mine and can get into some tight spots with it, but it would be great to have 1/4" dia x 2" long sanding drum to evenly sand the inside of boxes etc. Now you've planted the idea I will have to get in my freezing shop and have a play around.
            Mick
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

i bought a dremel tool awhile back and was just getting on here to ask about using it for sanding. i will look into the flex shaft for it thank yall

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I'm going to get the workstation and try to devise a longer sanding drum. I'll keep you posted.
                New Dog

Comment

Workstation makes the Dremel into a fine little drill press, too. I couldn't use the Dremel for sanding little spaces without the flex shaft.

Jan

Comment

Did this idea get any further? I'm very interested in how to make a finer grit sander with a dremel tool--either using flexshaft or workstation.. Has anyone done it? I need to sand 3/4 to 5/8 inch poplar on the cut edges. all the dremel drums I've got have fairly rough grit.. I think I need to make my own--I'd also like it to be longer as they are 'short' and I make a mess of it.
                    Ready, Fire, ... Aim!

My blog: Pokeberry Patch

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by Jim Finn
                      The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                      Today, 04:48 PM
                    • MidMich324
                      Reply to Plastic puzzle
                      by MidMich324
                      Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                      Today, 03:57 PM
                    • RJweb
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by RJweb
                      As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                      Today, 03:42 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Farmers market "survey"
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                      I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                      For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                      Today, 11:14 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Farmers market
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                      Today, 11:00 AM
                    Working...
                    X