getting more blades online some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting more blades online some questions

so i havent been able to do any scroll sawing as #1 i dont have any blades and #2 my wood is to thick so i havent been able to do anything. but i am getting some blades from mike's scroll saw site. i think i might get the assortment pack of 5 dozen different flying dutchman's blades to see which one's i like. is that the best option. cause i dont have a clue what to buy for blades. then im hoping to get wood soon also. and as for the workbench's that i am going to build i am asking the wood for that for christmas

Yes,his sample pack is great to start with.
    Tony

Comment

If you haven't ordered the blades yet send an email to Mike explaining what you want to cut. He will suggest some blade types for you. A sample of different blades is good to give you an idea of how they work. Even though I have my favorite size I use most of the time, I do grab an odd size (for me) once in awhile.
      T
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

A bit of advice , I've used all the others and the Flying Dutchman blades are the best I've found and used . I will not waste any more of my money on any other blades , and when I usually order I order either 4 or 5 gross at a time for the best savings ..........MB
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

I agree with Marshall.
          Mike has great blades, but he is a greater man.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Flagrl. I had the sample pack from Mike but now i only use his ultra reverse blades. I use 3s, 5s and 7s and they do everything I want to do and in my book they are the finest blades in the world and Mike is the finest guy you could ever meet. I have tried several other makes of blades but Mikes are the best.

Comment

Yep, just ordered more myself this morning. Usually they get here the day before I order but with the Christmas rush, you know how things go..
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I typically cut up to 1" thick wood.
                Generally, you'll want to use a larger size blade and high speed/slow feed for thick cuts, just the opposite for thin.

Comment

I would do as Theresa suggested, give Mike a phone call and let him know what you have in mind to cut. He can set you up with an assortment that best suits you. Everyone will eventually find their perfect blade, the one they go to most often. Without trying a few styles and sizes you just wont know what your missing. For me my blade of choice for 90% of my cutting is the FD-TC blades, in sizes #1 #3 and #5 depending on the project.
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                    by Rolf
                    WOW! That is exciting.
                    Today, 09:42 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Art crafters
                    by Rolf
                    I am glad to hear he is getting better! We all have to very careful....
                    Today, 09:40 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by Rolf
                    Jim, I am very impressed! You really got the hang of the welder quickly. Love the design. I sold my MIG when I decided on the TIG. I regret that decision, but space was an issue. I have a bunch of spray cans that were being thrown out at work that were meant for spraying on a metal surface before welding...
                    Today, 09:37 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
                    by Rolf
                    Ennobee "I hope that when I'm in my mid seventies like you, I still have the guts to try a new hobby" You make that sound like that is old LOL.
                    My Mom got deep into computers in her late 70's along with digital embroidery. I am in my early 70's and constantly looking for something...
                    Today, 09:27 AM
                  • Jimern
                    Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                    by Jimern
                    Rolf, no I keep looking at them and thinking of doing it, but I am lucky my shop is sort of large enough for what I do, especially since I am drifting away from rebuilding Harley engines and repairing the bikes. I'm getting too old to be bent over that stuff anymore, even though I built the shop tables...
                    Today, 09:13 AM
                  Working...
                  X