getting more blades online some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting more blades online some questions

so i havent been able to do any scroll sawing as #1 i dont have any blades and #2 my wood is to thick so i havent been able to do anything. but i am getting some blades from mike's scroll saw site. i think i might get the assortment pack of 5 dozen different flying dutchman's blades to see which one's i like. is that the best option. cause i dont have a clue what to buy for blades. then im hoping to get wood soon also. and as for the workbench's that i am going to build i am asking the wood for that for christmas

Yes,his sample pack is great to start with.
    Tony

Comment

If you haven't ordered the blades yet send an email to Mike explaining what you want to cut. He will suggest some blade types for you. A sample of different blades is good to give you an idea of how they work. Even though I have my favorite size I use most of the time, I do grab an odd size (for me) once in awhile.
      T
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

A bit of advice , I've used all the others and the Flying Dutchman blades are the best I've found and used . I will not waste any more of my money on any other blades , and when I usually order I order either 4 or 5 gross at a time for the best savings ..........MB
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

I agree with Marshall.
          Mike has great blades, but he is a greater man.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Flagrl. I had the sample pack from Mike but now i only use his ultra reverse blades. I use 3s, 5s and 7s and they do everything I want to do and in my book they are the finest blades in the world and Mike is the finest guy you could ever meet. I have tried several other makes of blades but Mikes are the best.

Comment

Yep, just ordered more myself this morning. Usually they get here the day before I order but with the Christmas rush, you know how things go..
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I typically cut up to 1" thick wood.
                Generally, you'll want to use a larger size blade and high speed/slow feed for thick cuts, just the opposite for thin.

Comment

I would do as Theresa suggested, give Mike a phone call and let him know what you have in mind to cut. He can set you up with an assortment that best suits you. Everyone will eventually find their perfect blade, the one they go to most often. Without trying a few styles and sizes you just wont know what your missing. For me my blade of choice for 90% of my cutting is the FD-TC blades, in sizes #1 #3 and #5 depending on the project.
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
                    3-layer sailboat plaque
                    by Ennobee
                    After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
                    which I still have to keep trying until...
                    Today, 12:23 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
                    Yesterday, 11:21 PM
                  • Ennobee
                    Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
                    by Ennobee
                    Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
                    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
                  • Jim Finn
                    Reply to Blades
                    by Jim Finn
                    I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
                    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Scott,
                    I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
                    We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
                    Yesterday, 05:20 PM
                  Working...
                  X