How do you make arm paralell to table 16 excalibur do you push down arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make arm paralell to table 16 excalibur do you push down arm

how do you make the arm paralell. do you push the front of the arm down then use know to make it paralell or do you lift it up and then turn knob? which way do i turn knob. ray said to make arm parelell but didnt say how to. gotta run to ER sick with temp. hopefully ill be back and my kidneys will have a new drug to take. im allergic to them all ughhhh

First of all, get yourself healthy, and quit messing with your saw! Your health should come first! You can get a copy of the manual here http://www.general.ca/pg_index/manuals/EX-16e.pdf that may help you out but first hun, get yourself healthy!!
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Have the arm down as far as it will go and take a tape an see if it needs to go up or down. Turn the knob in what ever direction that will take the arm in the direction that it needs to go. If you go the wrong way it won't hurt anything just go the other way. Good luck on your meds.

Comment

Originally posted by karen12 View Post
        how do you make the arm paralell. do you push the front of the arm down then use know to make it paralell or do you lift it up and then turn knob? which way do i turn knob. ray said to make arm parelell but didnt say how to. gotta run to ER sick with temp. hopefully ill be back and my kidneys will have a new drug to take. im allergic to them all ughhhh
        I just finished setting my Excalibur up.
        Install a blade in the saw and turn the knob on top of the saw until the arm is parallel ( you can use a level on top of the arm, or a piece of wood that you cut to fit just under the arm at the back of the saw).
        Next put a piece of wood at the back of the blade and see if you have front to back movement if you do, loosen the 3 screws on hte motor and turn it until there is no blade movement.
        Hope this help.

Comment

to make it parallel push the arm down have a blade in now find your self a square a small one set it on your table and turn your knob till your blade is strait up and down with your square. lock the knob with center nut on your knob. What I use for a square is one of those square gauges in the sewing stuff My wife has one of those pizza cutter things that she uses for cutting material and thuse square works great. I cut it to look like a "L"

Comment

Did you guys have the tension lever on when you leveled the arm?

Comment

Did you guys have the tension lever on when you leveled the arm?
              Yes by having it tight you know exactly whatever angle you are at.

Comment

Placing a level on top of the arm will not be beneficial unless your saw table is level as well. Since I have my saw tilted that would be of no use to me.
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X