Delta 40-690

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 40-690

Karen12, I purchased a Delta 40-690 from a lumber company in Amish country, Charm, Ohio. Keim Lumber. It was a factory reconditioned saw, which appeared like it was never used. I have been sawing for over 25 years, so I do have a little experience. I have owned an older EXIII in 19", 2 RBI Hawks, 2 14" Scrollmates, a Dremel, and now the Delta. I total 5 saws at this time.
    The Delta runs very smoothly with virtually no vibration at all. It did have excessive blade movement back and forth, 3/16" or close. I located a tuning page online for the Dewalt 788, which shows how to correct this. I tried it and now I love the saw. It works great. I still need to adjust the blade a little more, but I use it all the time. I can e-mail the link if anybody needs it. I have no other problems whatsoever with this saw. I paid $329.00 plus tax for the saw.
    My neighbor cannot believe the difference in this saw after the tuning. He loves cutting on it also.
    Thanks, Paul

you should have had your neighbor buy a new one yesterday.
    woodcraft had them on sale for $350 shipped. if i wasnt broke
    i would have had one ordered. sucks that it was a one day only sale.

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

He will end up with one someday. Right now he has two to cut on, but he will upgrade in the future.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X