Hegner Multicut 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner Multicut 1?

Hegner is an excellent brand. I have two of them. One is single speed(Multimax 3) and I use it the most. It was made in 1986 and I paid $600 for it this year (used). I also have their top of the line saw called multimax. It has speed changes made by moving belt to different positions but I leave it on one speed. I find speed control not necessary for me. It is a $2500 saw. I have had it about two years now. I use this larger and newer saw to cut thick materials up to 2" I use the older saw the most . I cut 1/2" thick material and I do all my inlays with it. I found that Hegner saws require a heavy stand or they will vibrate too much. Hegner saws will last a long time. The current Hegner 16" Multimax is $750 new, without stand.
    Last edited by Jim Finn; 11-27-2011, 10:23 AM.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Marge, I know zippo about the Hegner except what I've read on this board. People who have one seem to love them. Good luck with your decision, and do come by often, so much to share, and learn around here.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi
            Go for it. I could only afford a single speed saw for number 1 and a couple of subsequent upgrades and they were fine for years, although much cheaper saws than any Hegners. this is a great price and if you really enjoy the hobby, then you can always upgrade to a multi-speed at a later date. However, Hegner's cut so smoothly and accurately that this really is an excellent beginner's saw.

Good Luck
            Sue

Comment

Hi Marge. I agree with everything Sue has said. It is just my personal preference that I would not have a single speed saw as I cut a vast range of timbers in a range of thicknesses and for me i sometimes need slower speeds in order to follow the line of a pattern more easily or because the wood is more dense than most. Yes, a bench or a stand is essential and firmly bolted down to reduce vibration. You will also need a work-light like an angle poise or if you can afford it one with a magnifying glass if you intend doing very fine intricate work. One other piece of advice concerns blades, try the ultra reverse blades from Mikes workshop, they are the best and they will make life easier for you as you learn. I wish you well.

Comment

Hi Marge, I have a Hegner too and I love it! I also have a Proxxon and another cheep one, but i always use my Hegner, the others are for teaching my girls how to scroll... I would say go for it, you'll love it!
                Frieke
                www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Thanks again everyone - I bought it!! The lovely chap dropped it off this morning.

It looks to be in pretty good condition, can't test it as I don't have blades yet but plugged it in and it makes a noise so hopefully that's a good sign.

I have a few more questions, sorry, hope that's OK?

It has no hose so guess i will to buy one of those, have sent Hegner UK an email to check the one they have will fit. Also has no key for the blade change, will I need one?

I will order some of Mikes blades, thanks for the recommendation, does somewhere in the UK stock them or will I need to ship them from the US please?

It also came with a hold down arm, do you think that was an additional extra?

Can't wait to get started, hope it works properly.

Thanks again.

Comment

Great!...................... Yes, you will need the Key/wrench to install blades with. They call it a "tuffwrench". You will also need two blade clamps. They are small triangular shaped things with a square head screw in them. I suggest you go to a website and look at a parts breakdown and see what you may need to get. I do not have the bellows and hose hooked up on either of mine. I just mounted a small fan next to the scroll saws and have it blow across the cutting area. This works very well for me.......... http://www.advmachinery.com/manuals/m-25.pdf < Is a drawing of a Hegner saw, item 23 is the blade clamps I mean. Flying Dutchman blades are the ones Mike sells and I think they are made in Netherlands.
                    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by will8989
                      Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                      Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by will8989
                      Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                      Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                      Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Sundays market
                      by will8989
                      We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                      Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                    Working...
                    X