Starting to square up table for EX 16 blade clamp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to square up table for EX 16 blade clamp question

OK just from looking at my saw front to back top to bottom alignment is around a quarter inch. so I took the blade out. It was barely in there. I looked and felt the blade clamp piece and where it attaches to the machine {an aluminum colored arm} is very very loose. Is this right? If not how do I tighten these pieces? They are a headless screw with a nut on one side of the screw and on the other side all I can see is like inside is the end of the screw way down in there. No nut to tighten on that side. What tool do I need to tighten up the one side? Its tiny and if I had to hold the other side where the screw end is burried how on earth can I hold it? This situation is the same on the bottom blade piece too.
    Thanks If you can figure out what I mean and help lolPlease just let me know if its supposed to be tight or really lose. Least I'll know where to start
    Karen
    Last edited by karen12; 11-25-2011, 05:43 AM.

this is normal thet will be okay when tension is applied, Caution don't over tighten the clamps that hold the blade it should not take a great deal of torque to hold the blade properly. You can bend the chucks if you overtighten. hope thid helps.

Comment

thanks jim but when i tightened down the clamps some the pieces attached to the blade clamps and running to the arm on top and the underneath part from the bottom clamp is still wiggley. im just still kind of worried lol since i know nothing

Comment

Can you post a picture of the clamps and screws Karen? The clamps are suppose to be loose until tension is applied to the blade. Apply tension and see if they are still loose. The blade should make a high pitch sound if you pluck it like a guitar string that is how you know it is tensioned properly.
        Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

srry but im old and not too good at trying to get pics on the computer then find them to get them on the web lol. i understand what your saying though. i tightened them down without the blade in them and the grey parts running to the arm and under the table r loose with the tension thing applied. i called ex calibur and they r supposed to call me back hopefully. i just wanted to fix it myself without taking it anywhere. hubby is disabled and i dont get around due to bad back. we live nowhere lol. i sure dont want to ship it cuz of the cost. i will post after the fella calls back if he does. to me its just way too loose. all i need is a wrench for the one part and some kind of tool for the one type of cut off screw with only the threads in it. just need someone to say go at it lol. ill have to go buy some small wrenches though. hubby has his all over the place lol

Comment

Im not 100% sure of the screws you are refering to. Is it possible the screws you are talking about are it pivot points where the arms go up and down? If so its fine that they are a little loose, if you tighten them to much your saw wont operate right and you can burn up the motor and cause all sorts of problems. And/or, is it possible that one of these screws that has "no nut to tighten on it like way down in there " is it possible that it may be a screw that requires an Allen wrench? Im just not clear as to exactly where you are concerned. I suggest you try calling 1-800-four six two-3353 .That is the customer service number for Seyco. Ray there would be the best one to help you out.
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi Karen. Do NOT tighten the bolts that are in the arms, they are meant to be like that. When you correctly put the blade in the clamps and push the tension lever over the arms will be tight and firm enough. Do visual checks to make sure all the bolts are in place with none missing. I had one fall out on mine. From the post i have read Karen I think the best thing you could do is to get someone in who is experienced at scroll saw work and let them check your saw out. Do not over tighten the tension knob at the back, just enough so when you push the tension lever over there is a nice twang to the blade.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X