light table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light table

Can anyone help ? Ive been trying to find a light table- like the ones photographers and drafters used to use but no luck finding one in local area any sugestions ?

Pawpawdave

Try B&H Photo supply online. They should have several to choose from. They're also very easy to build. Basically they're a box frame with fluorescent tubes and a white translucent top. Happy hunting.

Jan

Comment

You can probably make your own pretty easily with some frosted/white acrylic and a light and a box.
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

I have made a couple of them. I have a small one about 6X8 and another that I use a lot that is about 2 feet square. I use it for intarsia, tracing, etc.. Good luck
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I made one from a piece of 1/4" plexiglass and some 1" dowels for legs. Put a small flourescent light fixture under and good to go.

Comment

mine is an aquarium turned on its side with a small flourescent light inside it
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by Kepy View Post
              I made one from a piece of 1/4" plexiglass and some 1" dowels for legs. Put a small flourescent light fixture under and good to go.

Thanx for the idea-looking for a piece to suit my needs.

Comment

I forgot to mention that it works better if the back legs are longer to tilt the top for easier viewing. A little trial and error to get the angles right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Try B&H Photo supply online. They should have several to choose from. They're also very easy to build. Basically they're a box frame with fluorescent tubes and a white translucent top. Happy hunting.

Jan
                  Thanks Illl check them out.

Pawpawdave

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller View Post
                    mine is an aquarium turned on its side with a small flourescent light inside it

Never thought of that one-not a bad idea.

Pawpawdave

Comment

I learned this one from an old draftsman. If you have a dining room table that slides open for adding leaves to it, slide it open, remove the leaves, put a piece of plexiglas over the gap and a table lamp on the floor underneath. Viola!

Dave

Comment

Dave Lee Thats a great idea! Thanks,Lance

Comment

I bought a small one at my local craft store. It's circular and the top can spin around if you want it to.
                          T
                          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                            Reply to Home remodeling update - 28 August
                            by jim_mex
                            24 Oct - Home 'make-over completed!!!

Hi again all – time flies when you are busy and Norma and I have certainly been that the past couple of months since we embarked on our home 'total make-over' project but the good news is the work is now complete and we spent the past week moving back
                            Today, 12:39 PM
                          • scrollerpete
                            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by scrollerpete
                            You did a fantastic job Denny, I’m sure you will have an happy customer...
                            Today, 12:33 PM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
                            Today, 10:43 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Rolf
                            Quartz. What are you not certain of?
                            I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
                            Today, 09:08 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                            by Rolf
                            Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
                            Today, 08:55 AM
                          Working...
                          X