light table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light table

Can anyone help ? Ive been trying to find a light table- like the ones photographers and drafters used to use but no luck finding one in local area any sugestions ?

Pawpawdave

Try B&H Photo supply online. They should have several to choose from. They're also very easy to build. Basically they're a box frame with fluorescent tubes and a white translucent top. Happy hunting.

Jan

Comment

You can probably make your own pretty easily with some frosted/white acrylic and a light and a box.
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

I have made a couple of them. I have a small one about 6X8 and another that I use a lot that is about 2 feet square. I use it for intarsia, tracing, etc.. Good luck
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I made one from a piece of 1/4" plexiglass and some 1" dowels for legs. Put a small flourescent light fixture under and good to go.

Comment

mine is an aquarium turned on its side with a small flourescent light inside it
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by Kepy View Post
              I made one from a piece of 1/4" plexiglass and some 1" dowels for legs. Put a small flourescent light fixture under and good to go.

Thanx for the idea-looking for a piece to suit my needs.

Comment

I forgot to mention that it works better if the back legs are longer to tilt the top for easier viewing. A little trial and error to get the angles right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Try B&H Photo supply online. They should have several to choose from. They're also very easy to build. Basically they're a box frame with fluorescent tubes and a white translucent top. Happy hunting.

Jan
                  Thanks Illl check them out.

Pawpawdave

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller View Post
                    mine is an aquarium turned on its side with a small flourescent light inside it

Never thought of that one-not a bad idea.

Pawpawdave

Comment

I learned this one from an old draftsman. If you have a dining room table that slides open for adding leaves to it, slide it open, remove the leaves, put a piece of plexiglas over the gap and a table lamp on the floor underneath. Viola!

Dave

Comment

Dave Lee Thats a great idea! Thanks,Lance

Comment

I bought a small one at my local craft store. It's circular and the top can spin around if you want it to.
                          T
                          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                            Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
                            by handibunny
                            Rolf, smaller bowl-cutting angles, 30˚ or less, usually don't present a problem either with vibration or for cutting into the table. It's when you get into the 40˚ and 45˚ range that things get dicey for both. (The Seyco saw doesn't even cut bevels greater than 35˚ or so!) If you add even a slight...
                            Today, 09:21 AM
                          • Bill Wilson
                            by Bill Wilson
                            I've done some bevel cutting on my EX-21 as well and also have not experienced any added vibration, nor have I cut into the table. Perhaps I haven't cut at a steep enough angle, but the existing blade hole has been sufficient. I do despise the useless vacuum holes, but I've learned to live with them...
                            Today, 09:06 AM
                          • cwmagee
                            by cwmagee
                            Carole Your hole size was a concern when I purchased the Pegas Replacement Table for my EX21, because I had cut into the side of hole on the original table, The damage I did to the old table was due to the blade adjustments were not in the center of blade holders. So far that has not been an issue...
                            Today, 08:40 AM
                          • Rolf
                            by Rolf
                            That is an interesting point Carole. I have done some bevel cutting on the EX and can't say that I have experienced an increase in vibration or any problems with following the lines. I know when I cut one of your bowl designs on my Hawk I really had to concentrate on not pushing down hill....
                            Today, 07:28 AM
                          • handibunny
                            by handibunny
                            Just a word of caution about the size of the blade hole. When I used a DeWalt years ago in the infamous community woodshop, and also with my more recent experiences with the Jet, if you do much bevel cutting at a steep angle, you will cut into the table. That's why inserts have the slot that can be...
                            Today, 06:21 AM
                          Working...
                          X