Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceeya
    replied
    thanks for the quick reply and welcome.....how long should i use a blade for....thanks joe

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Welcome ceeya,

You're going to love it here. We're just like a big happy family, most of the time. As far as avoiding breakage, all I do is move very slow and also turn the speed of the saw way down. Never get in a hurry and avoid dull blades. If the blade gets dull you have a tendency to push harder gainst the wood, and that's when oopsies happen. Some scrollers tape the top and bottom of the intricate pieces. I haven't found a need to do this. But then, I do move awfully slow. I rarely break out a piece, but it has happened a couple times. If it does, and you haven't lost the little bugger, you can take super glue and reattach it and it should hardly be noticeable. The last piece that I broke off got accidentally tossed in the garbage and I never did find it. It was such a small piece that I don't think it will even be noticed.

Come back and visit often and be sure to show off some of your work in the brag section. Ask as many questions as you like. There will always be someone there with an answer.

By the way, is ceeya your real name? If not, add it to your signature.

Leave a comment:

• ceeya
    started a topic new to scroll saw

new to scroll saw

hi, i am new to scroll saw and after messing around with it i can see how it can be fun and addicting. i bought the dremel (love their products) 1800 saw and so far like it but dont know what to compare it too. My question is about fretting. i can see why they call it fret because you fret that none of your work breaks off...................besides going slow, what can you do to avoid breakage? thanks

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X