Finally Decided on saw upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Decided on saw upgrade.

I've read everything (reviews & comments) everywhere I could find. And in my price range, the DeWalt and Excalibur came up most posative. I looked at both and found a stouter table on the Dewalt but, really like that tilting head on the Excalibur. Tossed and turned and mulled for a few nights and decided I could not go wrong with either one. Was leaning toward Ex and finally decided on it because of that flat table, positive angle settings, and support. If I had been using a tilting table for a long time, I'd have gone with the Dewalt, or even checked further into a couple others.

I was tempted by a $400 Hegner on CL but, decided against because as a new scroller, I want to be sure of what I'm getting. That would have been great if I was adding a machine.

Thanks to all of you that put tips and reviews on all the machines.
    Regis
    An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Looking forward to pics of the new saw with sawdust on it, under it, around it...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You will not regret getting the EX. I have the EX-21 and love it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom J. View Post
        You will not regret getting the EX. I have the EX-21 and love it.

Tom
        What he said I have the 16" and just love it. It purrs like a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by scrollerpete View Post
          What he said I have the 16" and just love it. It purrs like a kitten.
          The 16 is what I ordered from Seyco. If I do something 12" that will be huge for me.
          An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Comment

Congrats Regis on the new saw. I look forward to your impressions, once you've had a chance to put it through it's paces.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Congrats Regis on your new saw. I have the Ex 30 and love it.

Comment

As To said.. I got an EX 21, and it is really smooth.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                  by will8989
                  Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
                  Today, 03:05 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Today’s market
                  by will8989
                  I’m toast! All orders picked up, almost everything sold from the table. Did I say something about taking off tomorrow​​​​​? Nope....
                  Today, 02:54 PM
                • tgiro01
                  Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                  by tgiro01
                  I must apologize to everyone on the list. I'm afraid my ornaments will be late. Thursday afternoon, Connie got checked into the hospital with congestive heart failure. Between that and her alzheimers, it has been an interesting couple of days. Once she is released from the hospital, she will go to an...
                  Today, 01:58 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Today’s market
                  by will8989
                  These items, except the Christmas sign, are for 2 orders. Had a tough time this week, that brick wall kept getting in my way! Other than the market, I’m off until Monday! I decided to raise the price of the Christmas sign to $40. Tomorrow will be a heat wave - 45 at 6am! Mostly sunny. We’ll see...
                  Yesterday, 07:49 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Fox Chapel show in May ???
                  by will8989
                  And lots of fun! Really enjoyed the dinners....
                  Yesterday, 07:37 PM
                Working...
                X