Finally Decided on saw upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Decided on saw upgrade.

I've read everything (reviews & comments) everywhere I could find. And in my price range, the DeWalt and Excalibur came up most posative. I looked at both and found a stouter table on the Dewalt but, really like that tilting head on the Excalibur. Tossed and turned and mulled for a few nights and decided I could not go wrong with either one. Was leaning toward Ex and finally decided on it because of that flat table, positive angle settings, and support. If I had been using a tilting table for a long time, I'd have gone with the Dewalt, or even checked further into a couple others.

I was tempted by a $400 Hegner on CL but, decided against because as a new scroller, I want to be sure of what I'm getting. That would have been great if I was adding a machine.

Thanks to all of you that put tips and reviews on all the machines.
    Regis
    An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Looking forward to pics of the new saw with sawdust on it, under it, around it...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You will not regret getting the EX. I have the EX-21 and love it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom J. View Post
        You will not regret getting the EX. I have the EX-21 and love it.

Tom
        What he said I have the 16" and just love it. It purrs like a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by scrollerpete View Post
          What he said I have the 16" and just love it. It purrs like a kitten.
          The 16 is what I ordered from Seyco. If I do something 12" that will be huge for me.
          An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Comment

Congrats Regis on the new saw. I look forward to your impressions, once you've had a chance to put it through it's paces.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Congrats Regis on your new saw. I have the Ex 30 and love it.

Comment

As To said.. I got an EX 21, and it is really smooth.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                  It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                  by alexscrollsaw
                  "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                  Today, 02:03 PM
                • markdavd
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by markdavd
                  I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                  Today, 09:45 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                  Today, 07:42 AM
                • will8989
                  by will8989
                  None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                  Today, 12:20 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                  The bags seem easier on the surface.
                  But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                  Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                Working...
                X