Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    As Jim said it is the saw not the blade.
    45mm is pretty thick. All saws except for the Eclipse have some front to back motion in the blade. The Hegner compared to other saws is fairly minimal when cutting "normal" thickness wood, but when you cut this thick it will tend to cut at the top and bottom edges first. If you put your wood up against the blade and look from the side, move the arm up and down manualy and you will see this motion clearly.

Leave a comment:

• jim stiek
    replied
    saw not blade

I believe the situation you are describing is a problem with the saw not the blade what kind of saw do you use?

Leave a comment:

• Vincek
    started a topic cutting problems

cutting problems

Hi when cutting 45mm oak , my scroll saw blade starts cutting at the top first , so it is cutting at a angle . Not sure what to do and need advice . I have been using a 12 flying dutchman saw blade and have tryed other saw blades . I have a Henger multicut 1 and it should cut up to 50 mm . Can anyone give me some good advice please.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
    3-layer sailboat plaque
    by Ennobee
    After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
    which I still have to keep trying until...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Farmers market
    by will8989
    I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
    Yesterday, 11:21 PM
  • Ennobee
    Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
    by Ennobee
    Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Jim Finn
    Reply to Blades
    by Jim Finn
    I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
    by Jim McDonald
    Scott,
    I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
    We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
    Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Working...
X