Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source of saw blades for Delta 40-560 saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of saw blades for Delta 40-560 saw?

Can anyone help? I've looked through the internet and even visited a Delta Supply and Repair Rep, to no avail. Any Ideas??

Blades are readily available in a wide variety of types, sizes, tooth configurations and manufacturers. Probably the two most popular are Flying Dutchman and Olson blades. Any standard scrollsaw blade will work in the Delta.

Links to the blade suppliers can be found over in the left margin of this page, under Scroll Saw Resources. Most folks will tell you that Mike's Woodshop is the best place for the Flying Dutchman blades and Sloan's Woodshop is a good source for Olson blades. Call either one of them and you will talk to a real person who can give you first hand advice on their blades and their service is excellent.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I only use FD blades, check Mike out.

Mike's Workshop English featuring: my life story, a cancer survivor, scrollsawing samples and tips, community service, list of favorite sites and Flying Dutchman fretsaw blades for sale.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Pete! Welcome to the forum! At Mike's workshop site, there is a chart to determine what type of blade works for the material you are cutting. Olson blades use a different numbering system, so, just google Olson scrollsaw blades. There you will find a chart for their blades. OR you can just ask questions right here. Whatever you do, avoid getting blades like Vermont American, or at Sears. Very poor quality, and you will get even more frustated learning to scroll!

Paul
        www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

I never buy blades at the local stores. Most retailer sell them for 2X what you can get them on the internet. Like others mentioned I get get my blades from Mike. Try his sampler pack.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I have a delta 40 - 560 and it just takes a standard 5" pinless blade.
            if you have anymore questions about this saw let me know ,I will do my best to answer them

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X