No announcement yet.

Back to Basics - getting frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying this again to see if I can get them smaller. Gill, I deleted the larger ones. Mick
    Last edited by Mick Walker; 09-23-2006, 11:09 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Owler-- Have you thought of gluing the broken piece back on? I know we have all fixed a lot of pieces that break and with a little glue you won't be able to tell it was ever broken
      Sharon

Comment

It took a little while longer than I thought to get back to this. The hawks were flying(unless I get a pedal saw, it's tough to scroll sitting on a mountain top ridge with binoculars) and the open house was underway.

I finally got it right!

I presented my daughter with a butterfly that had two matching antenna. I was able to cut the whole piece in one direction. I just slowed the saw WAY down around the very tight radius of the antenna. When I finished I did a little dance (not pretty to see, but I was alone in my basement after all).

Thank you all for your advice!

I am really glad I spent the time doing this. This one small pattern covered a lot of technical details about cutting and my skills have dramatically improved. I litterally cut this pattern about 25 times until it was perfect.

I hope not to cut anything with a butterfly in it for a least another month. On to bigger and better things.
        Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Congratulations!

Time to leave the butterflies and soar with those hawks
          Way to go!
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Kewl!

Below is a puzzle piece I could cut no other way than slow as molasses. It's only a bit more than 2" tall, but took the better part of an hour to cut because ruining it would have meant wasting an expensive picture, wood, and a lot of other work.

It was worth the effort, though, because people gasped when they saw it.

Pete
            Attached Files

Comment

Tha'ts some detailed cutting!
              Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...