Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

I have recently bought a secondhand Dremel Moto-Shop model 576-5 Scrollsaw. It has a spare pack of 8030 blades, but would like to buy some 8029 blades. These are 3" and it seems that most scrollsaw blades are 5". I've trawled the Internet for a supplier both here in England and over there in the States, but without any luck. Does anyone here have any idea of where I might source these or any other make of 3" pin end blades, please.

Lesley, at one time Sloans carried the 3" blades as I recall. You can cut off 5" blades as well and Mikesworkshop.com ships to the UK. Not me another Mike...

Sloans link-- Scroll Saw Blades

Mike's Workshop.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I must say, I took a tour of your albums and I am impressed. You do wonderful work and i really like Jeff's frames.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Why, thank you, kind sir, both for your information and your kind words about our work.

Would cutting off the 5" blades really work as this would result in only one end being pin-end? Not too sure about this tecknikul stuff <BG>

Comment

Ah ha, Now you did not specify that you are using pin end blades. No cutting off 5" blades would not work then. When you can justify the expense please move up to a saw that accepts 5" pinless blades. You will open so many more doors to your scrolling experience.

I was serious your work is very nice.
          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
            Reply to Demo display
            by Jim McDonald
            If you just do a Google search for 3d reindeer ornament, you should get several choices....
            Today, 03:41 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
            by Jim McDonald
            Woodgrain is like a straw sucking in the pigment, but I think you did a good job on a complex piece. Lots of patience for this pattern.
            Today, 01:42 PM
          • Rodney Brown
            by Rodney Brown
            Thanks Rolf,
            I actually tried painting the inside of the cuts before removing the pattern and tape. I initially used packing tape because I was out of painters tape. When I sprayed the cuts, apparently the paint bled into the fibers of the wood. But I have to say I have been redeemed by my wife....
            Today, 12:56 PM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            Nice project, I really like the design. You did use a tough piece of material, I would normally suggest cutting at least 3 layers of 1/8 BB because you will get requests of them. I am curious as to why you got some black bleeding into the grain? Is this mounted on a black backer ?
            Today, 08:56 AM
          • Rodney Brown
            Woodgrain Worked Against Me
            by Rodney Brown
            This is my latest project and I'm still up in the air about it. The wood was reclaimed from a table that someone had thrown away. It is 3/4 MDF with veneer on both sides. The project is 11 x 14 and is pretty heavy. The pattern was from "Grandpa" and I believe his real name is Paul. I used...
            Yesterday, 09:31 PM
          Working...
          X