Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

I have recently bought a secondhand Dremel Moto-Shop model 576-5 Scrollsaw. It has a spare pack of 8030 blades, but would like to buy some 8029 blades. These are 3" and it seems that most scrollsaw blades are 5". I've trawled the Internet for a supplier both here in England and over there in the States, but without any luck. Does anyone here have any idea of where I might source these or any other make of 3" pin end blades, please.

Lesley, at one time Sloans carried the 3" blades as I recall. You can cut off 5" blades as well and Mikesworkshop.com ships to the UK. Not me another Mike...

Sloans link-- Scroll Saw Blades

Mike's Workshop.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I must say, I took a tour of your albums and I am impressed. You do wonderful work and i really like Jeff's frames.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Why, thank you, kind sir, both for your information and your kind words about our work.

Would cutting off the 5" blades really work as this would result in only one end being pin-end? Not too sure about this tecknikul stuff <BG>

Comment

Ah ha, Now you did not specify that you are using pin end blades. No cutting off 5" blades would not work then. When you can justify the expense please move up to a saw that accepts 5" pinless blades. You will open so many more doors to your scrolling experience.

I was serious your work is very nice.
          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
            Reply to New tools
            by jim_mex
            Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
            Yesterday, 11:14 PM
          • Hobbyhorse
            Reply to New tools
            by Hobbyhorse
            Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
            Yesterday, 11:03 PM
          • Hobbyhorse
            Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
            by Hobbyhorse
            Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
            Yesterday, 10:58 PM
          • KarlB
            Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
            by KarlB
            Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
            Yesterday, 09:41 PM
          • KarlB
            Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
            by KarlB
            Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
            Yesterday, 09:31 PM
          Working...
          X