Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Scrollsaw Blades

I have recently bought a secondhand Dremel Moto-Shop model 576-5 Scrollsaw. It has a spare pack of 8030 blades, but would like to buy some 8029 blades. These are 3" and it seems that most scrollsaw blades are 5". I've trawled the Internet for a supplier both here in England and over there in the States, but without any luck. Does anyone here have any idea of where I might source these or any other make of 3" pin end blades, please.

Lesley, at one time Sloans carried the 3" blades as I recall. You can cut off 5" blades as well and Mikesworkshop.com ships to the UK. Not me another Mike...

Sloans link-- Scroll Saw Blades

Mike's Workshop.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I must say, I took a tour of your albums and I am impressed. You do wonderful work and i really like Jeff's frames.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Why, thank you, kind sir, both for your information and your kind words about our work.

Would cutting off the 5" blades really work as this would result in only one end being pin-end? Not too sure about this tecknikul stuff <BG>

Comment

Ah ha, Now you did not specify that you are using pin end blades. No cutting off 5" blades would not work then. When you can justify the expense please move up to a saw that accepts 5" pinless blades. You will open so many more doors to your scrolling experience.

I was serious your work is very nice.
          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Bruce’s new toys
            by will8989
            He went to his meeting last night and it was a tool swap. He came home with - Jet slow water grinder (?), new never used air brush, and a never used spray tent that exhausts to the outside and an extra tent. All for the grand total of $35....
            Today, 08:16 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Celtic knot-shamrock cross
            by will8989
            Very nice. I thought it was carved.
            Today, 08:05 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
            by Jim McDonald
            For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
            Today, 11:14 AM
          • Ennobee
            Celtic knot-shamrock cross
            by Ennobee
            My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Yesterday, 02:11 PM
          • Ennobee
            Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
            by Ennobee
            Hi Jim.
            glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
            Yesterday, 01:30 PM
          Working...
          X