Scrolling a mini wall clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling a mini wall clock

Since the wood is only 1/8 in. thick, do any of you have any tips I should know before sawing and putting my mini clock together. The wood seems awful thin to hold when you glue the sides together.
    sam

Can you post a picture or copy of the pattern? It will help with the reply.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

size all your joints with a 50/50 white glue and water and let dry, then you can use less glue on the final glue up and eliminate most all of the squeeze out plus it will grab and hold better

Comment

Sometimes in situations where there isn't a lot of glue surface, I'll use a gel CA glue (think super glue).
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I agree with Bill, I use CA with an accelerator. Clock assembly can be challenging.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• GladeFade
            Reply to My covid angel
            by GladeFade
            First off how thick is the board you cut?
            When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
            that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
            for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
            Yesterday, 11:05 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Wooden Headstone
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
            Yesterday, 10:43 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
            Yesterday, 10:41 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
            Yesterday, 10:40 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I would have to agree that I've not personally made many designs from the magazine, as I have progressed to making most of my own designs. However, I do enjoy some of the reviews and other articles---as well as checking out techniques of others. I debated as well, but decided to renew. Now I just...
            Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          Working...
          X