Scrolling a mini wall clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling a mini wall clock

Since the wood is only 1/8 in. thick, do any of you have any tips I should know before sawing and putting my mini clock together. The wood seems awful thin to hold when you glue the sides together.
    sam

Can you post a picture or copy of the pattern? It will help with the reply.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

size all your joints with a 50/50 white glue and water and let dry, then you can use less glue on the final glue up and eliminate most all of the squeeze out plus it will grab and hold better

Comment

Sometimes in situations where there isn't a lot of glue surface, I'll use a gel CA glue (think super glue).
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I agree with Bill, I use CA with an accelerator. Clock assembly can be challenging.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
            Celtic knot-shamrock cross
            by Ennobee
            My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Yesterday, 02:11 PM
          • Ennobee
            Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
            by Ennobee
            Hi Jim.
            glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
            Yesterday, 01:30 PM
          • hotshot
            by hotshot
            Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
            08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
          • Daddy's scroller
            by Daddy's scroller
            Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
            08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
          • jim_mex
            Reply to Scroll saw table angle??
            by jim_mex
            I have my Dewalt mounted onto an adjustable metal stand I made which after setting the table at different degrees of inclination I find 7 1/2" degrees to be fine for me. However before deciding on whatever angle you want to set the table you need to decide what seat height of stool or chair you...
            08-10-2022, 04:08 PM
          Working...
          X