Blade alignment problem solved!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade alignment problem solved!!!

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I found several problems.
    (1) The "0" stop was keeping the table from being level(I didn't know I needed to check it). (2) There was a burr on the upper arm blade clamp. (3) I think a little of the problem might have been operator malfunction!! The saw seems to be working fine now. I actually cut out a Christmas ornament yesterday,and still have all my fingers(well,except for the one I lost in 1979,but that's another story!!) Thank you,thank you. Roadhog
    George

Way cool, Roadhog!
    We're now looking foreward to hearing about what you're cutting.
    Happy sawdust making!
    Sandy

Comment

That's good news! Nothing worse than chomping at the bit to try out a new toy and not have it work right.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

thats great news. Ok how did you lose you finguer in 79. and which one. does this hinder you in your cutting? sorry. hopefully. you have 9 more.

Comment

Roadhog,

Glad you resolved the problem with the scrollsaw.

That Christmas ornament you cut... KEEP IT!!!

You need to have something to compare your progress with, and believe me, you'll be amazed at how fast and how much progress you will make.

Ah yes, one more thing, take a picture of it and show us.
          We are a funny bunch that way, we like to see people's work.
          We like to offer encouragement and constructive advice as well.

Regards,
          Marcel
          http://marleb.com
          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel in Longueuil

Ah yes, one more thing, take a picture of it and show us.
            We are a funny bunch that way, we like to see people's work.

Regards,
            Marcel
            I think what Marcel means is : Take a picture of the ornament to show us.We all enjoy seeing one anothers projects and progess.

I'm sure he did NOT mean : Take a picture of your missing limb. We are a totally mixed up bunch, and like seeing stuff like that.

Ok, That was meant as humor, I hope everyone realizes that. Roadhog, congrats on getting your saw going.As Marcel said, you will make huge strides at scrolling rather quickly, and the scrollsaw will take over your life! You wont ever want to stop cutting! Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Way to go Roadhog. You've already shown you have patience and persistence, the 2 main ingredients of a happy scroller. Throw in a little humor and you've got it made.
              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by NC Scroller
                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                Today, 11:24 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Big week here
                by NC Scroller
                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                Today, 11:18 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by jim_mex
                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                Today, 09:17 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                Today, 08:42 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Rolf
                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                Today, 08:20 AM
              Working...
              X