Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mick, I hope they sell.

Comment

I'm surprised no-one mentioned that the fuzzies can be removed with a light
      application of a propane torch.
      God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Originally posted by janisfriesen View Post
        So here is the picture of the first one. I was using Poplar. The piece laying under the project is some mahogany that I am going to use to start over. I checked my saw table and it was a little uneven, so I fixed that. Do you think a #5 Ultra reverse blade is the way to go?

Thanks for all the advice I listen to it all.
        Hi Janis, your wood looks pretty thick, I think I would try a #7 UV blade. Let me know if the #5 worked, though. How thick is your wood?

Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Mary1953 View Post
          Hi Janis, your wood looks pretty thick, I think I would try a #7 UV blade. Let me know if the #5 worked, though. How thick is your wood?

Mary
          Mary, I used 3/4 wood on both clocks. The #5 worked pretty good, had to go slow on the oak clock.

Comment

Nice clocks Janis. They really look nice. Should not be a problem selling. The info that you have here on the fuzzy's will work fine & I find cutting thicker wood will build dust inside the cut's & that makes the pieces harder to push out. If you use a blade that will discard the dust, that will help too. Good Job. Thanks for showing them.
            PERK

Comment

these look fantastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by janisfriesen View Post
                I am working on the Greyhound clock pattern by Sue Mey. It has lots of very tiny inside areas and I wanted to know what people are using to sand those areas. Also, some ideas on how to push those small pieces out when cutting.

Thanks,
                Janis
                Janis I'm no expert at all . but I use my old craftsman scrollsaw and cut a piece of sand paper 5" long by 1/2"wide and fold in half and install it in the old scrollsaw and feed it in the work piece .I don't use this scrollsaw for cutting anymore and with the least tension applyed and as slow as it will run and it does wonders on those hard to sand places . This is if you had a extra scrollsaw and I'm sure that some out there does , maybe if this doesn't help you it will others . Sorry if it doesn't ........Marshall
                Last edited by marshall; 10-25-2011, 04:41 AM.
                Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Hi Janis....very nice job!! I don't know if this will help you, but I bought a bag of popsicle sticks at the dollar store. Then I glued various grits of sandpaper to each, from the tip down about 2 inches. Then I trimmed off the excess sandpaper and used a Sharpie to mark each stick with the grit. I also split a few sticks in half, once again from the tip down about 2 inches to get in even smaller places. These work for me if the space I need to get in is large enough for the stick.
                  Bob

Comment

Hi Janis

I use a broken blade to push out small pieces. As for sanding, I use a cloth sanding material called Abranet for sanding and make small rolls of it for getting into hard to reach areas. I have used my kitchen gas blowtorch for removing fuzzies on the back and on the front for any pieces that will be painted.

Good Luck
                    Sue

Comment

I bought a set of needle files from harbor freight they are very cheap , it was something like an 8 or ten peice set for 7 or 8 bucks they are various sizes and come in flat and curved "blades"

Comment

Those turned out great. Have they sold yet?
                        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                          by will8989
                          Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
                          Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          by Jim McDonald
                          My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                          Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                        • Redlee
                          Hello all, new here.
                          by Redlee
                          New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                          I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                          Thanks
                          Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                        • Ralph123
                          Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                          by Ralph123
                          I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                          Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                        • meflick
                          by meflick
                          Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                          Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                        Working...
                        X