Blue Tape vs Green Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tape vs Green Tape

Hi, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the blue masking tape that lots of you use on projects to green masking tape? I've heard that the green tape is less adhesive and I would think this would make it easier to take off.
    Thanks,
    Bob

The green tape has just enough glue to hold it on a slick surface for painting,not enough to hold to wood.
    Tony

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering the same. The green tape (Frog tape?) says it's paint sealing is activated by water based paint anyway.
      Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't talking about Frog tape. I'm talking about ordinary green masking tape. Guess I'll have to invest in some blue tape!!
        Bob

Comment

Hi rbiorde - I use 2" green tape all the time - haven't noticed any problems with it.
          Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

It is not so much about what tape you use. All tapes has a chemical what releases friction, it is like silicone. So you can un-roll the tape from it self. It makes the blade last a little longer and it does not burn the wood so easy.
            I use very little glue on the pattern but put 2" clear package tape over the whole pattern. If some pieces get lose it is very easy to hold hold it down with your finger till you get were the glue is holding again. You can also take a strip of Scotts tape and put it lenght wise in front of the blade.
            I got this tip from the late Patrick Spielman.
            When I am done, the pattern comes off real easy and there is no glue left on the wood.

FD Mike
            SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Phone call from son.
              by will8989
              Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
              Today, 10:53 PM
            • garryatpa
              Reply to A Bear In The Woods
              by garryatpa
              Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
              Today, 10:43 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Phone call from son.
              by meflick
              Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
              Today, 01:10 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Hello from Central Florida
              by meflick
              Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
              Today, 01:04 PM
            • John Smith
              Reply to Hello from Central Florida
              by John Smith
              Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
              HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
              Today, 10:01 AM
            Working...
            X