My other beginner scrollsawer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My other beginner scrollsawer

I've started working on my letters. I went to take a break and this is what I come back to. He's 9 and a chip off the old block. I may get it back when school starts.

Much better than finding a PS2 controller or a satelite remote in his hand.
    Attached Files

Looks like you'll have to buy another scrollsaw.

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Great form! And a smile from ear to ear. Yup, he's hooked! Get another saw...........
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

I was his age when I was first introduced to scrolling -- those are the best memories I have of my childhood is the years I spent in the woodshop of a neighbor..

Comment

It's great to see a youngster who's so keen. If those trees on the front lawn vanish soon, you'll know who to blame .

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I hope my Grandkids will want to start when they get old enough that would be great to teach them. He looks very happy to start.

Good luck,

-Bill
            -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Sure beats wondering where he's at!
              That'll come when he dicovers girls don't have cooties.
              Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

My other beginner scrollsawer

I know these saws are relatively safe, but blades do break & things can happen. I guess I'm trying to say I hope he wears safety glasses when he cuts!

Comment

Now how cool is that. I agree with the Tv thing. there is no acomplesments whatching tv. those little kids just love big man tools, a scroll saw , I think, is one of the safest ones they can play with. and acomplesh something too. how cool. thanks for sharing that, makes my day. Evie

Comment

I am a proud and partial father but my son really is a gem.
                    He is super keen to anything mechanical. When he was 2 1/2 he took the knob off the bathroom door with a screwdriver. He helps work on his(our) go-karts and is helping me build a shed. He has even helped with the foundry stuff.

He has always been under foot whenever I have a project going. So far we have kept it simple enough using relatively safe tools like a sander, hammer, impact gun, and drill. I don't think you can start too early with kids. All it takes is a little patience. But that is no different than training anyone. The point being, a little patience early, more than pays for itself.

I will of course post his first actual project. He is working on a small piece of clipart from word.

Good point Randy. We do a good job with hearing and eye protection using the obvious tools and this should be no exception.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
                      Sure beats wondering where he's at!
                      That'll come when he dicovers girls don't have cooties.

It's a well known fact that girls never had cooties. Only boys have cooties.
                      Kelly
                      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

A smilin' young man, your own flesh and blood, making sawdust on the back of a pick up truck
                        .....now life just don't get much better than that does it ?
                        Awesome ! Thanx for sharing
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                          Today, 10:01 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                          by will8989
                          Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                          Today, 09:53 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by will8989
                          Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                          Today, 09:49 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                          Today, 09:32 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Sundays market
                          by will8989
                          We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                          Today, 08:56 PM
                        Working...
                        X