Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Lessons

Hello Friends,
    I wanted to share with you, my first lesson assignments from the John Nelson book.
    I know I have to improve a lot, but I am so excited to have these first projects finished. I am definetly hooked. Your warnings of addiction are warranted and I must say coming true for me.
    While I was working on these "sawings", my wife about put out a missing persons bulletin on me.
    She thinks they are much greater than they are, but then that's the way she thinks about me too.
    Thanks for all your help.

Dale M.

P.S. As you can see I didn't try to remove the patterns. the brown cat is the backside, so you could better critique my mistakes and offer any advice.

DW788 The saw is doing great in spite of the early problems.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Iamdusty; 08-05-2006, 02:26 PM.

Hey Dale you did great !!!! I did notice that you have your pattern still attached and I hope it was just a copy of the original -- But all I can say is that you did a excelent job --- I don't know how big they are but I had the thought that they would make the cutesestessss earrings or pindants for your wife-- Just glue the backing pin on before you finish cause glue doesn't stick to paint.. I always say keep your first pieces and watch how well you grow..
    Sharon

Comment

Thanks Sharon,
      Yes, I scanned them from John Nelson's book on to my computer and then printed them from there.
      They measure about 4"x5". I'll bet I could stretch my wife's ear lobes with those babies.
      Happy Scrolling and thanks for the kind words and reassurance.

Dale M.

Comment

Way to go Dale. Looks like you are off to a fine start. They remind me of the first couple projects I cut out. After I got done, I thought to myself, I'll bet I can do even more impressive work. Within a month I had quite a few portraits in my gallery. My wife liked my first couple too and that shocked me. Me thinks you are about ready for an intricate portrait. Make sure to upload them to a gallery. That way you can compare the first ones with the future ones.

Keep on a sawing and showing.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Dale, congratulations on completing your first projects! I'd say your ready to step it up too. Just take your time, pick some thing you like, and then make the saw dust fly and enjoy yourself!!
          And like Sharon said be sure to hang on to them, you'll smile when ever you look at them in the future remembering the challange they provided you.
          Embrace your new addiction!!

Oh, my name is Bill and I am a scroll saw addict
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

< Room responds >

" Hello Bill "
            ...~Robert~
            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Yeeee-Haaaaw ! Dale's makin' sawdust congratulations my friend
              ...good job !
              ...~Robert~
              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                This is really sick. I have to leave town Monday for about a week and I am starting to have withdrawal syptoms already. I'm afraid I am getting it real bad.
                Take care and I will get back to the lessons and reading the threads when I get back
                Happy Scrolling

Dale M.

SW788

Comment

If he is getting the DT s now can you imagine how bad he is going to be in a month -- and my Gosh in a year he will be full fledged nuts--- just like the rest of usunnns

Comment

Great job on your first project Dale.Those are the same 1st projects I did and I still refer to that exercise book from time to time myself. Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures.
                    Bill
                    Delta P-20

Comment

Wonderful work

Charlie,
                      Charlie
                      "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                      Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome to the addiction. Nice job. The butterfly gives you a good taste of fretwork.
                        Put blue painters tape on the wood first then stick the pattern to the tape.
                        It is real easy to peal off the pattern when you are done.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Dale those are great. Charlie. why does that kitty look formiluer?? hope you have fun on you little trip Dale. well be waiting here for you with a fix of impho. looks good. what are you going to finish them with?/ your off to a great start. now on to the ducks. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X