first pattern of course i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first pattern of course i need help

I thought i would try to design a pattern.
    Trying to learn photoshop was the biggest pain...lol

Firts pic
    Seeing how everyone is talking about christmas, thats what came out.
    It seemed the more things i added the worst it looked.

Second is what i think it would look like with items cut out.

Third is.........supposed to be the stencil but im gettng lost, so i had to stop in the middle of it and yell "man over board!!"

I know all this will come with time but i could use a little nudge......ok a big push. I have so many questions , none are comming out...lol

I think parts of it are ok, others parts need help.

Im nost sure what big errors i made,(outside of trying it)

So if anyone could point out a few errors i would appreicate it, then i will continue.

thanks pete
    Attached Files
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Great Start!
    I kind of like the second picture with solid pieces cut out for the balls and the candy canes.
    I think you will lose some of the impact if you stay with the fine lines in the third picture.

I would also leave a little more wood when cutting out the branches. That will give the finished cut more stability.

These are just my thoughts, others will have different ideas.
    Just keep doing what you are doing.

Carl
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Hi Pete,

This is looking good.

The only recommendation I would make is try to make your bridges in "shadow" or "corners" it looks more natural.

I've made some suggested corrections on your pattern, and it's just an idea not a finalized version.

Also note that I don't pretend to be an expert at this so others may have better ideas.

Good luck to you,
      Marcel
      Attached Files
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hi Pete, I just have to say, I admire your insentive. I wouldn't have a clue on how to do any of that stuff on a computer. I can't even get My adobe photo shop back. but i will sure learn from your thread here. good luck. it all looks good to me. are you going to put a back on the piece? if not , you might wont to fallow Carls, and Marcels advice for sure.
        Evie

Comment

Hi Pete - Pattern looks good and ready to cut. Marcel offered some good advice.

Paul S.

Paul S.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions and help....

Carl i kinda like the second as well so far

Marcel ..i like the way you modified the drawing, ill have to work on that

Evie...a back piece yes i think so.

Paul thanks

i have a few more things to add to make it a "christmas story" picture.

thanks againl.............
            Pete Ripaldi

Comment

Pete, I hope you don't mind. I used your x-mas tree to practice on using the PSP tools. And after working on it I thought "Why not try attaching it on this forum as a thumbnail?" So here goes.

Great it worked. I played around a little as you may notice, with stripped candy cane.

Paul S.
              Last edited by Paul S WI; 01-21-2007, 02:32 PM.

Paul S.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S WI
                Pete, I hope you don't mind. I used your x-mas tree to practice on using the PSP tools. And after working on it I thought "Why not try attaching it on this forum as a thumbnail?" So here goes.

Great it worked. I played around a little as you may notice, with stripped candy cane.

Paul S.
                Paul

Dont mind at all.......funny the original one i did has the stripped candy, i took it out for the time being, but i like the way you did it so im gonna steal from you now.......
                Pete Ripaldi

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X